***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Not to be "that guy" but ....

Why do I get the feeling that we're going to spend several days throwing out all the "big" names we can think of that we'd like to have and drooling over every possibility and then we're going to find out that it's a not-as-well-known coach from a smaller school and everyone's going to be disappointed?

... OK. I'm that guy.

On a positive note, since, Nebraska has Epily back for strength and conditioning. That will definitely help. He is looking for great assistant coaches. Sources are saying he is looking for assistants that are even better than him, so maybe it will be a good one. Ed Orgeron is interested in being his recruiting coordinator as well. I'm thinking maybe the admin wanted a ceo type coach who can develop qb's and wr's, which is much needed in Nebraska, with great surrounding assistant coaches. Too bad we couldn't snatch Kirby Smart from Alabama as an assistant coach. Pay him tons of money. Just a dream. I'm starting to feel better now!!! Sorry for being negative in my previous posts. It's the cool down period now. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRv8aY5iUQk

• Fire 1

At first, I was in shock, who the heck is Mike Riley? After settling down and reading up on the guy he does seem like a good hire, guess we will have to wait and see. I don't anticipate him being able to bring in too many recruits this late in the game but next season we should have a good idea how well he can recruit. He has recruited Texas and California, two places where Nebraska sorely needs to get more from (add Florida to the list and we are golden). The things that impressed me most is his ability to make players better than they are (he only gets 2 and 3 star kids) and turns them into NFL players and also his ability to beat elite (top ten) opponents even though his teams have lesser talent. That is a huge difference between Mike and Bo; given even talent, Bo got embarrassed in those games.