Early Transfer Canidates: Predict

ScottyIce

It depends on some things.

I hope that Bo and his coaches will take the high road in this situation, rather than go out guns blazing by turning the players against the university and fanbase. If they don't go full Vince Marrow then I doubt many current players will leave. I'd say less than 5.

Funny how all the Bo backers are in here predicting the worst as far as player defections. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out. I'm sure we'll lose some recruits and maybe a few current players but they will be offset by players the new coach attracts. Let's not get all goofy here.

Because that's normally what happens when you fire a coach. Players leave. Recruits decommit.

I don't see Bo getting a head job at a very high level program. Not at least for a couple of years. His sideline demeanor and "us" against everyone else does'nt fly at many places. I look for him to gladly take his buyout and move back into a defensive cordinator position, probably in the NFL. I wish him nothing but good luck, he was a bit of a stretch when we hired him. He got the program back some, and I mean some, respect. His sideline antics pretty much sum up his career here however.

Demornay isn't leaving. His tweets didn't even seem like he was upset. I don't fault the players being upset. This is a guy that has been close to them for possibly the last 5 years. I don't like the rift Bo made with players and fans though.

Doubt VV either. He tweeted something along the lines of: Don't worry y'all I am still 100% HuskerNation.

Serious question......... When there is a coaching change, I thought players could leave without penalty...... it this right ?

Nope. They loose a year like any other time. Not sure if B1G has a 2 year rule for in-conference transfers like the B12 did. Only exception are the graduated players with eligibility left like Russel Wilson.