Player tweets on Pelini firing

I dont get it, i honestly dont. Why should any player play for a university. Most of the fans dump on any player when they mess up and thats on any team. Why do you think they wouldnt play for the coaching staff but for the fans. I honestly dont get how this is hard to understand.

Free education, tv time, possible NFL career etc.......

The only person who truly likes and embraces change is a baby with a dirty diaper.

The next coach could come in and be the next TO. Adored by fans (Yes in the day I wanted him gone for not beating OU or winning the big ones), but that is what sports are.......The next coach could come in and win the B1G in year one, or a BCS bowl or could come in and pull a Cally.......

Bottom line, we all fear the unknown. The known, is always comfortable. Its like a break up....Looking back and at the time of the break up, your heart broken and only see the good. Once the "hurt" goers you can see with more clarity that the girl was bat sh!t crazy and you are now better off......

The players reaction is expected. I am sure that things will settle themselves out shortly. No player will make an emotional decision to leave the program. They'll talk and scream, but at the end of the day make the best decision for themselves based on the facts, not emotions. Sadly, like I tell my own kids. The internet is permanent. be careful what you post on social media as it stays for the world to see.

The sad thing for me, is the players attacking the fans. Now some fan tweets some asinine comment, fire back, but there appear to be some pretty angry tweets towards the fans. It goes into the perception that the culture in the program is "us vs them" and the fans are the "them". Pereption perceived is often reality achieved........ Barney's comments about the 9 wins shows that the staff has that mentality as well and is taught, learned and unfortunately accepted......Getting over "this" hump might be substantially harder than the 9-4 hump.

IMO, the whole letting Cotton coach the game is a slap in the face to the fans, Bo and the team. A classless, BS move by SE. My initial thought was the decision was based on facts, trajectory of program and a clearly defined list of expectations that were not met. Cotton coaching has me second guessing the decision making process SE used.

I agree about his decision making, but allowing Cotton to be the interim is the only thing to do at this point.

After another dozen or so coaches turn us down in the next couple of months, we will introduced to our new head coach

There is a lot of anger from the team towards the fans in these tweets.

You can really see the wedge that has been driven between us. They definitely feel like its them against us.

This has to be healed.

Finnin is displaying another one of the major issues that developed under Bo. We have all seen the disdain that players had towards fans, with a belief that alot of us fans were against them. But that wedge wasn't just driven between players and fans, but also players and the administration.

This, and this.

This split might end up being a sharp contrast to Will Muschamp's classy exit from Floirda where his parting message to the players was -- hey, you have to produce in the end. I didn't, and that's what happens.

This ugliness was inevitable but had to happen sooner or later. And it will pass.

• Fire 1

23KFHuKZ_normal.jpegGord @KCRoyals73[/size] · 2h2 hours ago

@Tommy_Gun4 Sorry Fagstrong, if u love him so much go follow him, cause we don't want you here.

23KFHuKZ_normal.jpegGord @KCRoyals73[/size] · 9m9 minutes ago

@J_Mitch05 Shut up ****. You suck anyway. Thank Goodness you're gonna be gone just like Pelini next year. Lol

Someone tell this man what's right.

Some dumbass Royals fan, probably from Kansas, is trolling our current Husker players? Please tell me the players know better than to buy this sh#t?

@Tommy_Gun4 Sorry Fagstrong, if u love him so much go follow him, cause we don't want you here.

@J_Mitch05 Shut up ****. You suck anyway. Thank Goodness you're gonna be gone just like Pelini next year. Lol

Some dumbass Royals fan, probably from Kansas, is trolling our current Husker players? Please tell me the players know better than to buy this sh#t?

Josh Mitchell just retweetet his tweet at him and said "RECRUITS BEWARE"

23KFHuKZ_normal.jpegGord @KCRoyals73[/size] · 2h2 hours ago@Tommy_Gun4 Sorry Fagstrong, if u love him so much go follow him, cause we don't want you here.

23KFHuKZ_normal.jpegGord @KCRoyals73[/size] · 9m9 minutes ago@J_Mitch05 Shut up ****. You suck anyway. Thank Goodness you're gonna be gone just like Pelini next year. Lol

Good lord. How ridiculous. The whole thing.

What a sh#t attitude from all involved.

• Fire 1

I'd bet my next paycheck that crap like this happens at every big time school. It's the anonymity of the internet that brings out people like this.

I'd bet my next paycheck that crap like this happens at every big time school. It's the anonymity of the internet that brings out people like this.

The original twitter is an idiot. Josh Mitchell showing "great" leadership for a school and team that gave him a free education.....The whole "us against them"......The program is in a state of disrepair....

23KFHuKZ_normal.jpegGord @KCRoyals73[/size] · 2h2 hours ago@Tommy_Gun4 Sorry Fagstrong, if u love him so much go follow him, cause we don't want you here.

23KFHuKZ_normal.jpegGord @KCRoyals73[/size] · 9m9 minutes ago@J_Mitch05 Shut up ****. You suck anyway. Thank Goodness you're gonna be gone just like Pelini next year. Lol

Good lord. How ridiculous. The whole thing.

What a sh#t attitude from all involved.

This "climate" is part of the problem we have had with Pelini. I understand that the players are disappointed, they have spent several years with the current coaching staff building relationships, I get it; but, the way some of them are handling this doesn't surprise me since our now former head coach didn't show/model a ton of class at times. This kind of toxic nonsense is part of the reason Bo needed to move on.