Players boycotting the bowl game?

Hammerhead

I'm on a few Husker-related groups on Facebook, and buried among the massive freakout over the announcement of Pelini's dismissal are several people mentioning that the players are boycotting the bowl game now. Obviously these Facebook groups aren't exactly hotbeds of intelligent discussion, and some of the people in those groups will latch on to the first rumor they hear and refuse to let go, so I'm not putting a whole lot of stock in this (especially since most of the people mentioning a player boycott are the ones who are upset, maybe even downright furious, over the decision, which makes me think it's just sour grapes talking), but since I didn't see any discussion of it here, I figured I'd see if anyone else is seeing mention of such a thing, whether from the players or other reliable sources.

I'm on a few Husker-related groups on Facebook, and buried among the massive freakout over the announcement of Pelini's dismissal are several people mentioning that the players are boycotting the bowl game now. Obviously these Facebook groups aren't exactly hotbeds of intelligent discussion, and some of the people in those groups will latch on to the first rumor they hear and refuse to let go, so I'm not putting a whole lot of stock in this (especially since most of the people mentioning a player boycott are the ones who are upset, maybe even downright furious, over the decision, which makes me think it's just sour grapes talking), but since I didn't see any discussion of it here, I figured I'd see if anyone else is seeing mention of such a thing, whether from the players or other reliable sources.

If they want their scholarship revoked, they can go right ahead and do that.

What us vs them mentality,right?

If there is that level of angst––and I would be shocked if 100% of the players would buy into that kind of craziness––it will certainly blow over when the new coach is announced and those players realize that everyone is now auditioning for positions again.

We gotta stay united. No room for this "us and them" crap anymore. Pelini is no longer our coach but we are still Nebraska.

• Fire 4

I predicted this as soon as I heard the news. It has been done before (not just once)....... I fully expect the team to vote down a bowl. Bo has always had their backs and they will have his. Especially by all of the tweets.... the anger will not disappear in one week (bowl invites)....... I will be shocked it the players want to play. This is well within their rights.

Barney can get a handle on the situation if he's able to rise above the us vs. them mentality that appears to be very deeply ingrained. We always kind of knew this. I understand the players disappointment but it's time to focus inward and stop looking for someone to blame. Actually, the time has come and gone for this.

A fresh start could and should be a great thing.

I don't think the players boycott the bowl.

I could see them players taking the bowl game and all of the goodies that go with it, bend the rules about what they can or can't do, and then just phone in a performance.

It will be interesting to see if the various bowl committees treat us like Nebraska like it has AIDS, though.

I don't think the players boycott the bowl.

I could see them players taking the bowl game and all of the goodies that go with it, bend the rules about what they can or can't do, and then just phone in a performance.

It will be interesting to see if the various bowl committees treat us like Nebraska like it has AIDS, though.

The players say that Pelini doesn't just coach, he develops men. I'll take them at their word and expect them to play hard in the bowl game.

• Fire 2