Our next head coach may be coaching in a CCG next week

Something tells me Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech is a top candidate. If GT upsets FSU I say we make the offer right then and there as much as we can afford to pay him. Please take the time to read over his resume! Some of his accomplishments per Wikipedia:

1997 Georgia Southern 10-3 NCAA Div I-AA Quarterfinal
1998 Georgia Southern 14-1, NCAA Div I-AA Runner Up
1999 Georgia Souther 13-2, NCAA Div I-AA Champs
2000 Georgia Southern 13-2, NCAA Div I-AA Champs
2001 Georgia Southern 12-2, NCAA Div I-AA Semifinal
In 2007, Johnson coached the Midshipmen to their first win over rival Notre Dame since 1963, winning 46–44 in triple-overtime. Never once lost to Army during his tenure.

In 2009, Johnson led the Yellow Jackets to an 11–3 record, including the school's first win at Florida State in school history, and a victory over #4 Virginia Tech in Atlanta, which broke a 17-game home losing streak to top five opponents, and the program's first win over Virginia in Charlottesville since 1990. Georgia Tech finished a league-best 7–1 in ACC play and defeated Clemson in the ACC Championship Game for the school's first outright conference championship since 1990.

In 2011, Johnson has led to the team to its first 6–0 start since 1966. Johnson proceeded to lose two consecutive games to Virginia and Miami before defeating then #5 Clemson 31–17.

2014, Johnson has led Georgia Tech to a 10-2 record and 4th ranked rushing attack in FBS at 338 yards per game. Defeated #9 Georgia 30-24 in OT this year to the tune of 399 rushing yards on #25 total defense Georgia. Georgia Tech is now #12 AP/Coaches and will be playing against the defending national champions Florida State in the 2014 ACC CCG.

Tell me that is NOT a reverse trend of the Pelini Era? Does Paul Johnson deserve a serious look from DONU? Some of you want an NFL guy, some want Scott Frost, some want an up and comer. I'm the guy that wants a PROVEN head coach. Paul Johnson represents that very well. Would he leave GT for Nebraska and re-introduce option football; something that is loved dearly by Husker Nation. IF I am Eichorst, I would at least have Paul Johnson on my short list.

• Fire 1

He has a worst record than bo over last 7 season in talent rich Atlanta, what would be the point

I would argue that the ACC is a better conference than the B1G considering Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech all having been top 10 teams the past 7 years teams that Georgia Tech has beaten that's more than say just MSU and tOSU, right? Bo Pelini only beat a top 10 team once if I'm not mistaken and that was MSU 2011. It looks like GT has been competitive in those high profile games over the years. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a coach with a proven winning track record than say a Scott Frost or Jim McElwain.