n2_06.jpg

Player: Justin Mackovicka

Hometown: Branard, NE

Position: FB

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 230

40 time: 4.8

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Iowa St. (Grey shirt)

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: NR/

Assessing the talent: Justin Makovicka, who rushed for 1,582 yards and 17 touchdowns this past season for the 9-1 Tigers in Class C-2.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100% Although Iowa State’s offer was enticing, “I ultimately couldn’t picture myself playing for anybody but Nebraska,” said Makovicka (LJS 1/2006)

hello, I have just read a nice story on the 3rd mack rb/fb/lb prospect from scout, & I hope that he continues the NU walk-on tradition laid down by his brothers:

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/493211.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to copy and paste a few of the questions and give us your "Nsight"

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

5) Where do you see this player in 2010?

I do believe that he will continue the walk-on tradition because of his brothers did. I remember a story written about the family when his brothers were playing, Osborne had offered scholarships after they earned them and they turned them down because dad is a dentist or a doctor and they didnt need it to pay for school. not sure when the story was written. i know that times and attitudes change, but i think that this the way dad donates to the program.

The coaches seem to be very picky who they allow to walkon. Not saying this isn't a great pickup, but i just don't see justin cracking the 3 deep anytime soon. Maybe when he's a junior. We shall see. At least he's not a cyclone, that's what matters.

:yeah A Mac being a Cyclone would be "wrong".

Makovicka follows brothers' path to NU

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/0...8a284429729.txt

yup, he's N. :thumbs

and... Jeff is now a "corporate attourney"?! :box

Would it have been a big loss if he had chosen the schollie at ISU? no. I think we would have moved on without much wimper. BUT, at the same time, its Great that he chose to walk-on! if only b/c of "tradition", even if he never plays a down. also, he may not have been worthy of a scholly compared to the players this coaching staff usually goes after. but who's to say he won't be another Ickes? or a Ragoni? or... hmmm... a Makovicka?

this might also bode well for our chances to get Makovicka #4.