David Shaw

slwags

Shaw is the guy I've been pimping even before Bo was gone.

David Shaw's Coaching Resume (in notable wins):

2011: 11-2 with wins over:

• #22 Washington
  • #20 USC
  • #22 Notre Dame

Losses to:

• #6 Oregon
  • #4 Oklahoma State (Fiesta Bowl)

2012: 12-2 with wins over:

• #2 USC
  • #13 Oregon State
  • #1 Oregon
  • #15 UCLA
  • #17 UCLA (Conference Championship game

Losses To:

• Unranked Washington
  • #7 Notre Dame

2013: 11-3 with wins over:

• #23 Arizona State
  • #15 Washington
  • #9 UCLA
  • #2 Oregon
  • #25 Notre Dame
  • #11 Arizona State

Losses To:

• Unranked Utah
  • Unranked USC
  • #4 Sparty

2014: 7-5 with wins over:

• #9 UCLA

Losses To:

• #14 USC
  • #9 Notre Dame
  • #17 Arizona State
  • #5 Oregon
  • #25 Utah

Mind you - of his 5 losses this year, only the losses to Oregon and Arizona State were double digit losses (45-16 and 26-10, respectively). The other three games, he lost by a TOTAL COMBINED NINE POINTS.

Dude is nine points and one double overtime from being 10-2.

...and Pelini is 2 catches away from being 11-1!!!! See how that works? :) All this coaching speculation. Eich had better get his guy...

• Fire 1

Shaw is the guy I've been pimping even before Bo was gone.

David Shaw's Coaching Resume (in notable wins):

2011: 11-2 with wins over:

• #22 Washington
  • #20 USC
  • #22 Notre Dame
Losses to:

• #6 Oregon
  • #4 Oklahoma State (Fiesta Bowl)
2012: 12-2 with wins over:

• #2 USC
  • #13 Oregon State
  • #1 Oregon
  • #15 UCLA
  • #17 UCLA (Conference Championship game
Losses To:

• Unranked Washington
  • #7 Notre Dame
2013: 11-3 with wins over:

• #23 Arizona State
  • #15 Washington
  • #9 UCLA
  • #2 Oregon
  • #25 Notre Dame
  • #11 Arizona State
Losses To:

• Unranked Utah
  • Unranked USC
  • #4 Sparty
2014: 7-5 with wins over:

• #9 UCLA
Losses To:

• #14 USC
  • #9 Notre Dame
  • #17 Arizona State
  • #5 Oregon
  • #25 Utah

Mind you - of his 5 losses this year, only the losses to Oregon and Arizona State were double digit losses (45-16 and 26-10, respectively). The other three games, he lost by a TOTAL COMBINED NINE POINTS.

Dude is nine points and one double overtime from being 10-2.

...and Pelini is 2 catches away from being 11-1!!!! See how that works? :) All this coaching speculation. Eich had better get his guy...
Haha I almost posted that...

My buddy works at LNK.

Here is the timeline of events he can confirm.

NOV 29th - Perlman - LNK>DEN>SFO

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

DEC 1st - Eichorst - LNK>DEN>SFO

No return flights have been booked as of today.

Now that the Michigan job is open once again, I would bet they aren't there to see Jim Harbaugh (fine by me).

My money is on David Shaw being the next HC at Nebraska. His offense is EXACTLY what we need in the B1G West to compete with Minnesota & Wisconsin.

Aaaaaaaand it's kind of tough to recruit 5 star athletes to Stanford. Must be a pretty solid developer of talent.........

read this.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_22525726/stanfords-recruiting-class-holds-cardinal-blueprint/link

This sounds like Tom's recruiting style - find kids who fit the program regardless of star power. I really liked this quote. It speaks to toughness, something our team has lost and which differentiates our recent teams from our teams of the 90s. He sounds like he could have been coaching at NU in the 90s:

Quote:

But most of all, they look for toughness indicators while watching prospects on the field or examining videotape.

"The No. 1 tool in evaluating toughness is the No. 1 tool in creating toughness, and that's to play football,'' said assistant coach Mike Sanford, who doubles as the Cardinal's recruiting coordinator.

The coaches pay careful attention to how players respond to contact situations:

Do defensive backs try to slip blocks, or take them head on?

Do quarterbacks cower, or attempt to run through would-be tacklers?

Do offensive linemen simply push defenders back, or pile drive them into the ground?

Do linebackers grab running backs, or seek out full-contact collisions?

"Grabbers don't make it in major college football,'' Shaw said. "I remember when we recruited (middle linebacker) Shayne Skov. He was like a heat-seeking missile. That's the kind of guy we're looking for.''

Sanford often watches a prospect's eyes: If they're closed at the moment of contact, that's a bad sign.

I think Shaw would be a great pick up for NU, his offense is good a little more option or zone read would be good, but I really love the defense they play. They get a lot out of what I would call slightly above average talent. He also runs a 3-4 which is much more attack mode.

With all that said, I don't see him coming to NU. I think he would be a great pick, but I don't know what NU and the state of Nebraska has to offer him other than more money. I know money talks to everyone, but it would have to be a big bump IMO to get him to leave his Alma Mater to come to NU.

I just don't see it happening.

I think Shaw would be a great pick up for NU, his offense is good a little more option or zone read would be good, but I really love the defense they play. They get a lot out of what I would call slightly above average talent. He also runs a 3-4 which is much more attack mode.

With all that said, I don't see him coming to NU. I think he would be a great pick, but I don't know what NU and the state of Nebraska has to offer him other than more money. I know money talks to everyone, but it would have to be a big bump IMO to get him to leave his Alma Mater to come to NU.

I believe he's making $3 million, which is a little less than what Bo made. I don't know what Eichorst is willing to dish out, but, I agree that we'd probably have to give Shaw quite a bit more to bring him here. Is he really worth going in the $3.5 million or more range? He's done some good things, but isn't a slam dunk hire like a Tressel would be.

The other benefit to coming to Nebraska is the recruiting, though. And that's a pretty big advantage. Academic standards are much greater at Stanford by comparison. He'd have an easier time getting the players he needs to be successful to come to Nebraska over Stanford.

I believe he's making $3 million, which is a little less than what Bo made. I don't know what Eichorst is willing to dish out, but, I agree that we'd probably have to give Shaw quite a bit more to bring him here. Is he really worth going in the $3.5 million or more range? He's done some good things, but isn't a slam dunk hire like a Tressel would be.

The other benefit to coming to Nebraska is the recruiting, though. And that's a pretty big advantage. Academic standards are much greater at Stanford by comparison. He'd have an easier time getting the players he needs to be successful to come to Nebraska over Stanford.

I don't know about the recruiting, he had a top 5 class in the past few years... Don't ever see a top 5 here

My buddy works at LNK.

Here is the timeline of events he can confirm.

NOV 29th - Perlman - LNK>DEN>SFO

NOV 30th - BO FIRED

DEC 1st - Eichorst - LNK>DEN>SFO

No return flights have been booked as of today.

Now that the Michigan job is open once again, I would bet they aren't there to see Jim Harbaugh (fine by me).

My money is on David Shaw being the next HC at Nebraska. His offense is EXACTLY what we need in the B1G West to compete with Minnesota & Wisconsin.

Aaaaaaaand it's kind of tough to recruit 5 star athletes to Stanford. Must be a pretty solid developer of talent.........

Why isn't this being discussed more?

Show me the flights that were used. Are you saying they are both in San Francisco still?