What do you think of Eichort now?

Husker Q

We knew virtually nothing about him except that he really had not done a lot. I guess a lot of people will hold off until they see who he hires.

I have lost all respect for someone that would send that email to the players telling them he fired their coach. And the "they were out of town" excuse is a cop-out. He could have waited until Monday when they were back. The firing was not so urgent to do on Saturday night. Slimy Shawn is a gutless, classless, coward IMHO.

Nice post. I agree, he should have found each one of them and told all 120 personally. If they were out of town, the announcement could wait until they got back. That would've made it much easier for the players to stomach. Or maybe call a meeting. You know, and asked them to keep it quiet.

I would have preferred he met with the team first but that is just not realistic. Last game of season last week, players had a few days off, no way it doesn't get leaked & create an even worst mess if SE waits. Sometimes the right decision by management is the one that is the LEAST bad. From that angle, SE did what was right. Decision was made so pull off the bandaid, deal with the pain, & move forward. It all hinges on the hire tho, he doesn't get that right & he did everything wrong. Hire the right guy coach (for Moraine...), SE gets free hookers & blow for life...

And lest I forget, IBTL meatsicle :wasted

We knew virtually nothing about him except that he really had not done a lot. I guess a lot of people will hold off until they see who he hires.

I have lost all respect for someone that would send that email to the players telling them he fired their coach. And the "they were out of town" excuse is a cop-out. He could have waited until Monday when they were back. The firing was not so urgent to do on Saturday night. Slimy Shawn is a gutless, classless, coward IMHO.

Current player? Should maybe spend more time worrying about a bowl game than our opinions of SE

He did what needed to be done, in a business like manner. I like him (unless he makes an extremely poor hire). I get the feeling he'll get us a good coach. There really is no good way to break that news to the players so you can quit acting like it was so terrible. It needed to be done and in the time frame in which it was done.