What do you think of Eichort now?

Husker Q

We knew virtually nothing about him except that he really had not done a lot. I guess a lot of people will hold off until they see who he hires.

I have lost all respect for someone that would send that email to the players telling them he fired their coach. And the "they were out of town" excuse is a cop-out. He could have waited until Monday when they were back. The firing was not so urgent to do on Saturday night. Slimy Shawn is a gutless, classless, coward IMHO.

I liked him better when he never talked.

I was pretty impressed with him. He showed more class than the Raiders did earlier this year when they canned their coach, and a lot more than Mike Garrett did when he fired John Robinson. No way to bring all the kids together at one time. This was bound to happen, Bo was not his guy. Let's just hope he doesn't hire a clown like Pederson did...

No way to bring all the kids together at one time? Michigan seemed to manage to do that today. But they're not a "game that matters" so who cares what they do.

Nice post. I agree, he should have found each one of them and told all 120 personally. If they were out of town, the announcement could wait until they got back. That would've made it much easier for the players to stomach. Or maybe call a meeting. You know, and asked them to keep it quiet.

Yeah, they're doing a heckuva good job of keeping quiet now.

I would have handled it differently. I look at the MASSIVE amount of money now being spent on buyouts and think that for significantly less we could have simply upgraded the staff to get off this plateau we've been on. I'd have talked to Bo directly and said that I want better results and I don't think as it stands we have what it takes to make us a national power again. Staffing upgrades are needed. I'll get out the checkbook for the best guys available, we can put a kick-ass staff together. If you aren't down with making changes then the university will move in a different direction and more coaches would end-up without jobs. So what direction are we going? My bet is he'd upgrade.

We dropped td passes at the end of the MSU and Minn games. We could have easily been 10-2 or even 11-1. Yes the Wiscy game was fugly but if you replace Els with a Pap and bring in a top-notch DC that likely doesn't happen. Replace Beck and/or Barney, get better qb development. I really liked the recruit class we had going. We weren't that far away, with good changes we'd have significant on-field improvement. I know some just don't think Bo works as a HC but I think he does, provided he puts a better staff together then backs-off to more of a CEO role.

I questioned Shawn's management-style last year and I still do. Still sure why we paid over market rate to get him, Miami didn't care that he left. He doesn't seem like a very up-front guy.

BUT WHAT'S DONE IS DONE AND IT'S TIME TO MOVE FORWARD. Bo is gone and drying his tears with a fat check. This gets down to Shawn walking the walk and bringing home a great hire now. If he does that then I'm cool with the guy. This gets down to winning football games. If Shawn hires a guy that does it he's a success. Can't wait to see who we get.

I would have handled it differently. I look at the MASSIVE amount of money now being spent on buyouts and think that for significantly less we could have simply upgraded the staff to get off this plateau we've been on. I'd have talked to Bo directly and said that I want better results and I don't think as it stands we have what it takes to make us a national power again. Staffing upgrades are needed. I'll get out the checkbook for the best guys available, we can put a kick-ass staff together. If you aren't down with making changes then the university will move in a different direction and more coaches would end-up without jobs. So what direction are we going? My bet is he'd upgrade.

We dropped td passes at the end of the MSU and Minn games. We could have easily been 10-2 or even 11-1. Yes the Wiscy game was fugly but if you replace Els with a Pap and bring in a top-notch DC that likely doesn't happen. Replace Beck and/or Barney, get better qb development. I really liked the recruit class we had going. We weren't that far away, with good changes we'd have significant on-field improvement. I know some just don't think Bo works as a HC but I think he does, provided he puts a better staff together then backs-off to more of a CEO role.

I questioned Shawn's management-style last year and I still do. Still sure why we paid over market rate to get him, Miami didn't care that he left. He doesn't seem like a very up-front guy.

BUT WHAT'S DONE IS DONE AND IT'S TIME TO MOVE FORWARD. Bo is gone and drying his tears with a fat check. This gets down to Shawn walking the walk and bringing home a great hire now. If he does that then I'm cool with the guy. This gets down to winning football games. If Shawn hires a guy that does it he's a success. Can't wait to see who we get.

He says he conducts performance reviews and sets clear guidelines for his employees. Personally I think that management style is great. You know who doesn't like that style? People who can't meet the guidelines that are set. It is apparent from the, "I could care less," comments from Bo that he was in the crowd that doesn't like that management style.

No, on a sunday morning of Thanksgiving weekend, he probably couldn't have gotten all 70 or 80 or however many kids there are on the team together in one place, most of them were probably scattered around the state or halfway across the country with relatives. That's how it goes on four day weekends. Also, who cares what Michigan does, they knew Hoke was gone at Mid season anyway...

We knew virtually nothing about him except that he really had not done a lot. I guess a lot of people will hold off until they see who he hires.

I have lost all respect for someone that would send that email to the players telling them he fired their coach. And the "they were out of town" excuse is a cop-out. He could have waited until Monday when they were back. The firing was not so urgent to do on Saturday night. Slimy Shawn is a gutless, classless, coward IMHO.

He should have tweeted the news at them. Nobody reads email anymore.

23471605_zps2d7a96f3.jpg

He let bo have time with the players prvately two days after the pink slip. How standard procedure is that across sports?

And time will tell how much of a mistake that may have been.

Or, how it was the correct call to make. Know for a fact Hoke got to say goodby to his team. These players were already feeling alienated, barring contact would just make that worse while making SE/Admin out to be the bad guy. Giving Bo and the players the chance to say goodbye provides needed closure. IMO it will help in the process of moving-on and getting on-board with the new regime.

Mary Pat is that you?