LJS: LPS staffer billed $262 for letting Pelini use room for team meeting

As someone that works in the school system...they can waive the charge. I personally don't care either way but we waive fees all the time.

I would assume that these people get permission before hand? I don't have a problem with it being free, but the guy should have asked.

I think that's why they were charged. Schools are used for events all of the time (legally, they have to be available to the community, IIRC), but it has to be arranged. Even if they do issue post-hoc waivers, it would have raised some eyebrows in the system. They just had to do it.

Yep

Anyone complaining about this guy paying the fee is forgetting the principles for which Nebraska football stands

Tell me again, how many games did Johnny Rodgers miss for armed robbery? How many practices? Let's not go there with the sanctimonious crap, I don't want to go down the laundry list like some Texas Longhorn would.

I was rental manager for a property used for events, and my philosophy is that an empty room serves no one. In the case I couldn't rent it, I would let it be used for free to groups such as Nebraska Game & Parks, church groups, or civic organizations. Now, I wouldn't throw out a paying group so a group could have it for free, as that would be bad stewardship.

However, if I was Pelini, I would make the payment and chalk that up as another bad experience here in Nebraska to share.

Anyone complaining about this guy paying the fee is forgetting the principles for which Nebraska football stands

Tell me again, how many games did Johnny Rodgers miss for armed robbery? How many practices? Let's not go there with the sanctimonious crap, I don't want to go down the laundry list like some Texas Longhorn would.

I was rental manager for a property used for events, and my philosophy is that an empty room serves no one. In the case I couldn't rent it, I would let it be used for free to groups such as Nebraska Game & Parks, church groups, or civic organizations. Now, I wouldn't throw out a paying group so a group could have it for free, as that would be bad stewardship.

However, if I was Pelini, I would make the payment and chalk that up as another bad experience here in Nebraska to share.

Dont worry, outsiders are already well aware of what a high-maintenance coach Bo Pelini has been without his further opening his mouth. God forbid the Lincoln Public Schools System asks Pelini and his friends to follow the same rules as everybody else. Pathetic. You and Pelini deserve each other.

• Fire 1

As someone that works in the school system...they can waive the charge. I personally don't care either way but we waive fees all the time.

I would assume that these people get permission before hand? I don't have a problem with it being free, but the guy should have asked.

I think that's why they were charged. Schools are used for events all of the time (legally, they have to be available to the community, IIRC), but it has to be arranged. Even if they do issue post-hoc waivers, it would have raised some eyebrows in the system. They just had to do it.

Legally schools are not required to be available to the community, BUT if they decide to allow certain groups to meet on school property (ex. Boy Scouts) they have to let anyone meet. Yes they can charge a fee, in the end it was the right thing to do. I hope Bo repays the guy, although unlike this asinine story I doubt we ever get confirmation either way.

God forbid the Lincoln Public Schools System asks Pelini and his friends to follow the same rules as everybody else.

Go over those rules one more time for us?...because the most likely scenario is that Bo got an okay to use the school, and then somebody decided to ambush him with a fee, not backing the guy who gave permission. It sounds like bitch@ssedness to me, but I doubt you recognize it even when you post it.

You and Pelini deserve each other.

Still butthurt that Pelini didn't make a public announcement to you, I see...

Go over those rules one more time for us?...because the most likely scenario is that Bo got an okay to use the school, and then somebody decided to ambush him with a fee, not backing the guy who gave permission.

Ah. Yes, that is the most likely scenario. :rolleyes:

Someday, the Bo angst is going to finally die down around here.

Go over those rules one more time for us?...because the most likely scenario is that Bo got an okay to use the school, and then somebody decided to ambush him with a fee, not backing the guy who gave permission.

Ah. Yes, that is the most likely scenario. :rolleyes:

Someday, the Bo angst is going to finally die down around here.

It'll be nice.

• 4 weeks later...