Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

I don't think those people are really done... but I think I can relate to those that feel like they have been punched in the gut repeatedly only to feel like things might be looking up... only to feel like they got punched twice as hard.

I hope it works out, and people far smarter than me must think this was their best option...but it is difficult to see this playing out in an amazing way. If nothing else, it is going to be a real challenge to keep this team together and this recruiting class together. No matter how he coaches, that would make this a 4 year rebuilding process.

After careful consideration (and banging my head on my desk a dozen times) I have 3 very thoughtful, very plausible theories to this hire.

1. Mike Riley will hire Scott Frost as his OC/AHC and exit within 3-4 years leaving Scott with his dream job and a stacked cupboard. (could be several struggling seasons until then).

2. Eichorst looked at the list of requirements given to him by HP and the boosters and said, OK, you want to make me fire a 9 win coach? this guy has everything on your list, good luck with that and FU!

3. Eichorst is still in leagues with Wisconsin and secretly hopes we plummet into the abyss that is/was Nebraska mediocrity/bottom of the barrel. Leaves in 2 years (before we fire this new guy) and takes his place at the Throne in Madison post Alvarez.

Reserving judgment, but certainly not a blow you away hire and I doubt that a lot of potential recruits are saying "wow" either.

I think what this hire does say is a lot more about the real reason SE got rid of Pelini.

Thought the same thing seeing all the times they were using "reputation" and "good for our college athletes" etc in the their press releases, this seems more like a non-football hire in some regards. More about Mike Riley the person. Wonder if there was more to Bo's non-company man persona then we know???

Wow didn't expect everyone to be this upset. I just think eichorst got everyone's expectations a little to high. I for one like the hire and it kinda reminds me of the Miles hire. Wait to judge until he builds a staff and has a season under his belt.

He fired a coach with 3 losses and said the reason why is he expects us to compete for championships, and hires a guy that has ~50% win/loss percentage. Maybe the guy ends up being the answer, maybe he lays an egg. I honestly hope Riley comes in and surprises me, but I don't think he will.

Tommy probably just transferred and Fyfe and Stanton are jumping up and down...

Was this a master plan of Wisconsin's? Alvarez and Eichorst? This set NU back 10 years and Eichorst ends up at Wisky in 5 years.....

Can you imagine if this was true? We go into the tank and then Eichorst leaves for the Wisconsin job in 2 years. OMG...

Reserving judgment, but certainly not a blow you away hire and I doubt that a lot of potential recruits are saying "wow" either.

I think what this hire does say is a lot more about the real reason SE got rid of Pelini.

I think you just pulled me off the ledge. Cause I was about to jump the hell off till I read this one.

He is an amazing coach and will do incredibly well at NU. I couldn't have wished for a better choice except maybe McElwain cold be a stud. Such a great hire!!!!

I was laughed at when I started PleaseFireCallahan.com and laughed at when I said Osborne was coming back as AD with Pelini as coach. #truth

I BLEED RED.....is back

• Fire 1

A bit surprised more on here aren't at least willing to give him a chance to prove himself with our resources.

If we wanted a ceo with a resume .........he's got that.

Now let's see who he brings in as coordinators before burying him..........that will tell us more about his potential success.......

I know just one big Pac12 guy (as big a college football as anyone - roots for Cal amazingly) and he calls this an A+ hire.

Says teams are extremely disciplined, has a very good eye for talent and beat USC at #3 in 2006 and #1 in 2008 (also beat Cal at #2 in 2007).

And beat ASU to effectively end their playoff hopes just a few weeks ago when the Devils were I believe #11.