Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

He isn't a great recruiter, so that's just simply not true, he develops players and gets the most out of them. OSU averaged 2 star athletes while he was there............

So he's able to see potential in players that are often overlooked?

Seems so, I'm going to retract this statement the more I read. I didn't realize OSU was so hard to recruit to so considering that he's done a pretty good job.

Yeah, my reaction has been evolving over the last couple of hours. The more I read, the more I think this might actually have been a very smart move. The absolute smartness of it will be determined once we see his assistants and his long-term performance.

• Fire 1

Worth noting - Mike Riley offered and recruited Johnny Stanton hard at Oregon State.

That does ease my offensive philosophy nervousness a bit...

I remember when Callahan was hired and people were creating these STUPID jpg's of red Husker jets depicting our new air attack..what a f-ing joke that was. If I see another one of those red Husker jets I will punch someone.

It shouldn't. OSU ran an Air Raid the last 2 years. Reilly runs an offense that's throw first.

i was on the tressel/frost bandwagon as much as anybody so I about threw my work computer out of a second story window and would have been immediately fired when I heard about this mike riley guy being hired. But now that ive cooled down and after researching and figuring out who the f**k this guy is, I feel like this will work out just fine. The guy didnt do sh*t at oregon state, just like nobody else in the world will, but with nebraska's resources i think we will be just fine.

GBR!!!

Worth noting - Mike Riley offered and recruited Johnny Stanton hard at Oregon State.

I remember when Callahan was hired and people were creating these STUPID jpg's of red Husker jets depicting our new air attack..what a f-ing joke that was. If I see another one of those red Husker jets I will punch someone.

It shouldn't. OSU ran an Air Raid the last 2 years. Reilly runs an offense that's throw first.

um. this is incorrect.

• Fire 3

You are thinking of Washington State with Mike "pirate" Leach.

Make sure you know who we actually hired before bashing him, please.

• Fire 1

You know, I think I'm ready to say "kudos" to Mr. Eichorst. Right now in terms of what has been done at Nebraska, Riley is equal with Tressel, Saban, Richt, Frost, etc. in what has been accomplished at Nebraska. In other words, past records do not necessarily guarantee success or failure. Obviously time will tell. We needed a new leader and now we have one.

But this was a hire totally out of left field and I like that the AD was willing to go with it. He did it quietly, and quickly had us all fooled. He might end up being a real genius (or yes, end up looking like a real noob) in a few years.

A lot of people are doing a little research and looking into the good things that Riley will bring. The more you ponder such, the more you can see what the AD was looking at. So, here's to Coach Riley! GO BIG RED!

• Fire 5

Wow didn't expect everyone to be this upset. I just think eichorst got everyone's expectations a little to high. I for one like the hire and it kinda reminds me of the Miles hire. Wait to judge until he builds a staff and has a season under his belt.

I agree, I am not upset just feel like we all got punched as this was so out of left field, will be interesting, part of me is excited as I don't know anything about him...wow.

Sounds like Nancy Pelosi "Can't wait to see what's in it." comment.

um. this is incorrect.

Correction. It's not a true air raid. They just throw the ball all the frickin time.

• Fire 1

ok

ok

OSU ran 700 more run plays than pass plays