Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

Go Reivers ‏@GoReivers

.@Coach_Riley, put this address in your GPS - 2700 College Road, Council Bluffs 51503. We'll see you on campus, welcome to #ReiverCountry!

Iowa Western CC with a sly dig at our former coach.

Love it.

Am I missing something?

Hopefully Willie can explain more, but here's an article on the school from Mitch Sherman.

"We're going to accommodate everyone," Mike Strohmeier said. "I tell them that. But this was the most traffic we've ever had."

Occasionally, Iowa Western sat recruiters in each of its four coaching offices while its offensive and defensive coaches held meetings in the hallway.

On the eastern edge of the Omaha, Neb., metro area, Iowa Western sits within 100 miles of one FBS program: Nebraska, from which no coach visited this year. Plenty of others did, though, documented on the wall behind Mike Strohmeier's desk. IWCC coaches listed in blue marker on a white board the schools to recruit at the junior college since September.

Go Reivers ‏@GoReivers

.@Coach_Riley, put this address in your GPS - 2700 College Road, Council Bluffs 51503. We'll see you on campus, welcome to #ReiverCountry!

Iowa Western CC with a sly dig at our former coach.

Love it.
Am I missing something?
Hopefully Willie can explain more, but here's an article on the school from Mitch Sherman.

"We're going to accommodate everyone," Mike Strohmeier said. "I tell them that. But this was the most traffic we've ever had."

Occasionally, Iowa Western sat recruiters in each of its four coaching offices while its offensive and defensive coaches held meetings in the hallway.

On the eastern edge of the Omaha, Neb., metro area, Iowa Western sits within 100 miles of one FBS program: Nebraska, from which no coach visited this year. Plenty of others did, though, documented on the wall behind Mike Strohmeier's desk. IWCC coaches listed in blue marker on a white board the schools to recruit at the junior college since September.

Only one of the best jucos in the country

Riley is pissed Phil Knight is basically Oregon's Koch brothers and that is why he couldn't recruit at OSU.......................right right right. I think he was sitting on his laurels degenerating the Oregon State football team while Nebraska comes calling with a fat contract. Nice cushy job for a couple more years.

• Plus1 1

I wasn't thrilled at first when I seen his record. But we got rid of Bo because of everything other than the 9 wins. Need to look deeper than the W's and the L's. He has beaten some top tier teams with minimal talent. I think he will do just fine. Welcome aboard coach Mike.

Yeah, Bo ran a dirty program, didn't graduate anyone, his players hated him. Sure glad he's gone.

Wow didn't expect everyone to be this upset. I just think eichorst got everyone's expectations a little to high. I for one like the hire and it kinda reminds me of the Miles hire. Wait to judge until he builds a staff and has a season under his belt.

He fired a coach with 3 losses and said the reason why is he expects us to compete for championships, and hires a guy that has ~50% win/loss percentage. Maybe the guy ends up being the answer, maybe he lays an egg. I honestly hope Riley comes in and surprises me, but I don't think he will.

No way Bo has the same record as he did here at Oregon State. People need to give him a season or two.

I don't agree with your assertion, but there's really no way to prove it either way. So...

And just like Bo, I say give this guy a good chance. I hate saying he has X years (insert any number you prefer), but it looks like we have a timeline we can roughly go by:

71% wins never fewer than 9 wins, but also only one season with fewer than 4 losses (The Bo Timeline): 7 years

50% wins with some 5-7 years and some 9-3 years (The Callahan Timeline): 4 years

75% wins with a conference championship and a loss in the MNC (The Solich Timeline): 6 years

So at a minimum he has 4 years I guess.

If he has 1 season of 5 or 6 wins he will be gone.