Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

I was surprised as anyone else. I did like that SE said in his statement that he expects Riley to win BIG championships and compete for national championships. Both plural by the way. That is probably my main concern with Riley is does he know expectations because in the Pac 12 he had the reputation of playing spoiler against some of the consistently higher ranked teams and he pulled it off at times. But now he is the big dog and wondering if he is ready for that? Sure play your spoiler role but you have to win all the rest of the games you are supposed to. I sure hope he is ready to get after it. I'd say he needs to win a BIG championship in next 3 years.

I just don't understand why the rush to hire someone so fast? Why couldn't the AD take a little more time? I hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll be seeing this again in 3 years.

I believe the hire was made quickly in order for Riley to begin recruiting as early as possible. Also, we know that Eichorst doesn't speak in public a lot. This gives him time to think and plan. I'm guessing Riley has been on his radar now for quite sometime.

I just don't understand why the rush to hire someone so fast? Why couldn't the AD take a little more time? I hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll be seeing this again in 3 years.

It does not take lone when the #1 says yes.

i'm gonna guess this deal was done before Bo was fired. SE probably decided after the Wisky debacle that he was going to move now and put the wheels into motion. guys at this level don't make decisions this big without a lot due diligence and making sure things are sealed and done before moving...i'll bet he's been talking to potential hires for weeks.....highly calculated with the firing being step 1 in a plan that was finalized last week.

I was surprised as anyone else. I did like that SE said in his statement that he expects Riley to win BIG championships and compete for national championships. Both plural by the way. That is probably my main concern with Riley is does he know expectations because in the Pac 12 he had the reputation of playing spoiler against some of the consistently higher ranked teams and he pulled it off at times. But now he is the big dog and wondering if he is ready for that? Sure play your spoiler role but you have to win all the rest of the games you are supposed to. I sure hope he is ready to get after it. I'd say he needs to win a BIG championship in next 3 years.

I agree a B1G title is needed in the next 3 years.

He'll be gone after the first year, so let's start the new coaching search now.

In that case he'll last a hell of a lot longer than you likely will on this board.

Why am I being targeted here. I'm just expressing my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like it. I've read other post's worse than mine!!