Mike Riley's Staff

In case anyone is curious, only Riley's and Bray's bios have been removed from the Oregon State football coaches page. As of last night, Bray's was still there.

http://www.osubeavers.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=30800&SPID=127145&SPSID=750127

Other than those two guys, have any of the other hires been made official, or all of the reports still tied back to the lady with SI?

I just don't see Kevin Steele coming.

I heard that for him to leave Bama, he has to have At least a coordinator position, per his contract.

Not sure if true.

No coach in his right mind would sign a contract like that. That's nuts. No way that's true. Bama can't just "own" coaches. Pretty sure free will is still a thing.

I heard that for him to leave Bama, he has to have At least a coordinator position, per his contract.

Not sure if true.

No coach in his right mind would sign a contract like that. That's nuts. No way that's true. Bama can't just "own" coaches. Pretty sure free will is still a thing.

Well it is Alabama. They cut scholarship players as often as the NFL does Free Agents

Not sure if true.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/23/oklahoma-state-sues-former-assistant-now-at-texas/

It's actually pretty common to prevent lateral moves.

"According to Oklahoma State’s lawsuit, Wickline’s contract with Cowboys allowed him to leave without financial penalty only if he took a job as a head coach or offensive coordinator with play-calling duties."

Not sure if true.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/23/oklahoma-state-sues-former-assistant-now-at-texas/

It's actually pretty common to prevent lateral moves.

"According to Oklahoma State’s lawsuit, Wickline’s contract with Cowboys allowed him to leave without financial penalty only if he took a job as a head coach or offensive coordinator with play-calling duties."

Now I could see the financial thing. I wouldn't expect the University to fulfill the contract if the coach left. Now, I couldn't see them being able to take money away from the coach either for the time spent. Like he worked 200 days of the contract, he gets paid for those 200 days. Not he owes us money back b/c he wants to leave. Couldn't ever see that holding up in court. Just seems ridiculous in the coaching profession.

Kind of shady, but when talking about recruiters and Pac12 - what about Tosh Lupoi? Sitting on Alabama's staff in the recruiting department currently. (pretty awesome staff when you consider steele and lupoi are on it - puts our recruiting department to shame). Lupoi was ranked as one of the best recruiters in the nation for quite a while a few years ago.