WR: Brent Brennan

OL: Matt Cavanaugh

DC: Mark Banker

DL:

LB: Mike Bray

DB:

ST: Bruce Read

S&C:

With no OC mentioned yet I have a feeling that Danny Langsdorf might be the guy as it looks like Coughlin era will be over with the NY Giants. That announcement will probably have to wait until the NFL season is over.

I actually think he brought these guys in first because he thinks they are good coaches, AND, he needs help recruiting over the next couple weeks. I think coordinators might have to wait till other teams are done playing.

When the Bo Pelini era started, I remember Beck as the last coach to join us. That didn't happen until January.

I'm glad that part of the staff has been assembled already, but it might take time to complete the roster. And it should -- they are going to build a staff, after all, not cobble one together in a few days for the sake of making an announcement.

You're talking about Beck as RB coach, right? Shawn Watson was OC in 2008.

Kind of shady, but when talking about recruiters and Pac12 - what about Tosh Lupoi? Sitting on Alabama's staff in the recruiting department currently. (pretty awesome staff when you consider steele and lupoi are on it - puts our recruiting department to shame). Lupoi was ranked as one of the best recruiters in the nation for quite a while a few years ago.

I don't know a whole bunch about recruiting or how some coaches get ranked higher at recruiting than others but, wouldn't the mere fact a coach works for Alabama inflate their recruiting ranking? I mean Bama does get an inordinate amount of top recruits just because they are Bama and it is probably secondary, way down the list, as far as the capabilities of the actual coach who is recruiting them.

Kind of shady, but when talking about recruiters and Pac12 - what about Tosh Lupoi? Sitting on Alabama's staff in the recruiting department currently. (pretty awesome staff when you consider steele and lupoi are on it - puts our recruiting department to shame). Lupoi was ranked as one of the best recruiters in the nation for quite a while a few years ago.

I don't know a whole bunch about recruiting or how some coaches get ranked higher at recruiting than others but, wouldn't the mere fact a coach works for Alabama inflate their recruiting ranking? I mean Bama does get an inordinate amount of top recruits just because they are Bama and it is probably secondary, way down the list, as far as the capabilities of the actual coach who is recruiting them.

He was coaching for Cal and Washington when they were ranking him that highly.

Okay, I think we hashed out about every staff position so far. Except the most important one. Please, PLEASE tell me that we're keeping Mike Nobler as Video Coordinator. LINK

I think I saw somewhere that Mike Riley's son worked for OSU in video production for the sports dept. Haven't seen/heard if he's coming with but.......

Okay, I think we hashed out about every staff position so far. Except the most important one. Please, PLEASE tell me that we're keeping Mike Nobler as Video Coordinator.

Is that a position the football head coach can manage? Or is it someone else in the athletic department responsibility

Not sure. I think we were first attracted to him due to his athletic ability during his playing days. He certainly was a force to be reckoned with:

• Fire 1

Okay, I think we hashed out about every staff position so far. Except the most important one. Please, PLEASE tell me that we're keeping Mike Nobler as Video Coordinator.

Is that a position the football head coach can manage? Or is it someone else in the athletic department responsibility

Not sure. I think we were first attracted to him due to his athletic ability during his playing days. He certainly was a force to be reckoned with:

Pelini worked with Nobler at OU and brought him here so not sure if that plays into it at all. Can't find the articles right now, but Erstad and Miles have both made positive references about Nobler in the past (brings a lot to the athletic dept, not just football or somesuch...). Nobler is also very well respected professionally. Beyond his mad football skillz, it would be a mistake to let him go, imo

Okay, I think we hashed out about every staff position so far. Except the most important one. Please, PLEASE tell me that we're keeping Mike Nobler as Video Coordinator. LINK

I think I saw somewhere that Mike Riley's son worked for OSU in video production for the sports dept. Haven't seen/heard if he's coming with but.......

Yeah, I saw that too. That's what made me think of Mike Nobler. And made me realize that Nobler would probly be taking his show on the road with this regime change. Aside from the funny YouTubes, I think Nobler is pretty good at his job. So he shouldn't have too tough a time finding a new gig somewhere. Gonna miss that guy . . . :lol: