Mike Riley's Staff

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 1h1 hour ago

For the curious, Pelini's assistants were not announced until Dec. 17, which was 15 days after he was hired. http://bit.ly/1wd2f2N #Huskers

Asking since you'd probably know, Mav -- was the reason for Beck being announced in January due to a Kansas bowl game?

If we have more future staff members in that boat it might be a little bit more of a delay in announcing all positions. But that wouldn't be too bad of a thing. The recruiting dead period starts in four days and lasts until January, right? And it's a whole month of recruiting from there to NSD.

Yes. Most of Pelini's initial staff was composed of GAs and guys who were not employed at the time so it will likely be longer for Riley to have his staff in place.

Probably going to have to wait until after bowl games or the NFL regular season for the rest of the staff.

She's the assistant director of football ops according to McKewon. And from... gasp... Oregon St.

For the record, I see no problem with bringing in your own guys for the football ops stuff. Riley knows them well. They know Riley well. I'm guessing most coaches bring who move bring "their guy" with them.

So he's basically bringing his entire admin staff?????????????????????? Doesn't make sense to me. You'd like to think he'd want a couple people who have worked at Nebraska for awhile to stick around to help him understand what's going on.

Then support staff for football is 30 people including interns so far he has brought 3 or 4...let's chill

So he's basically bringing his entire admin staff?????????????????????? Doesn't make sense to me. You'd like to think he'd want a couple people who have worked at Nebraska for awhile to stick around to help him understand what's going on.

Not be an ass but our last admin staff was as competent as the coaching staff, save for a couple guys. I have no issue with them all coming as it will breed new ideas, something that has been missing for awhile. We need to get with the times and his staff at Oregon St are all young and innovative from the sounds of it.

• Fire 1