Mike Riley's Staff

I love what we get on offense...defense not so thrilled about.

But I give 100% support to the staff GBR!

I understand the Banker skepticism. I'm a little skeptical myself. I liked what Riley said about having 3 guys who have been coordinators on that side of the ball. Doesn't automatically equal success, but if they all fit well in their roles, we should be in really good shape.

I'm def skeptical of Banker as well. However, I really believe we have some pretty damn good talent on D and if Banker truly plays the aggressive attacking D he talks about I think we will like what we see. We may give up some big plays time to time(but hell, it's not like we aren't used to that) but I think letting the players run around using their talent and instincts will cause a lot of havoc, turnovers, and energy. I was soooooooooooooooooooooo over the hesitancy our defense has showed under Bo especially the last 4-5 years.

I love what we get on offense...defense not so thrilled about.

But I give 100% support to the staff GBR!

I understand the Banker skepticism. I'm a little skeptical myself. I liked what Riley said about having 3 guys who have been coordinators on that side of the ball. Doesn't automatically equal success, but if they all fit well in their roles, we should be in really good shape.

all that DC history, hope all these chef's don't spoil the broth...

The non-co-DC thing is rather interesting. That means we got a multi-year coordinator at D1 programs to come here to be a position coach.

Michigan just hired an NFL OC to be a position coach. They also hired a former USC associate head coach as a position coach.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/01/16/michigan-announces-2-more-assistant-football-coaches/21884403/

I would have liked to have seen more big name hires at Nebraska, but hopefully this staff will be good. I am slightly worried about Banker.

The non-co-DC thing is rather interesting. That means we got a multi-year coordinator at D1 programs to come here to be a position coach.

Michigan just hired an NFL OC to be a position coach. They also hired a former USC associate head coach as a position coach.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/01/16/michigan-announces-2-more-assistant-football-coaches/21884403/

I would have liked to have seen more big name hires at Nebraska, but hopefully this staff will be good. I am slightly worried about Banker.

Jedd Fisch is getting hired as the OC. I'm not sure what the big deal is there. The Jaguars were a goddamn dumpster fire on offense.

• Fire 1

Jedd Fisch is getting hired as the OC. I'm not sure what the big deal is there. The Jaguars were a goddamn dumpster fire on offense.

And 2 years with the University of Miami, which they weren't all that talented then either.