interesting stat about Riley

I don't understand where people are coming from saying he isn't a great recruiter. Considering the facilities and such he had to recruit to at Oregon State, I'd say he did a pretty admirable job. If he'd have been hired five years ago, a lot of the butthurt fans would be singing a different tune.

I said in another thread that he wasn't a good recruiter, the more I read the more I'm finding out I'm wrong. Pac12 says he's the best talent evaluater out there.

I don't understand where people are coming from saying he isn't a great recruiter. Considering the facilities and such he had to recruit to at Oregon State, I'd say he did a pretty admirable job. If he'd have been hired five years ago, a lot of the butthurt fans would be singing a different tune.

Here is an article about Oregon QB tandums.

This year may be the best ever.

I hope he bring QB's to NU.

It is the most important position on the team.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pac-12/index.ssf/2014/08/marcus_mariota_and_sean_mannion_best_ducks-beavers.html

IMO, Riley > Pelini as a game day coach and does a better job at coaching players up through the season. He is as good if not better than Bo with how liked he is by his players and their families. Is he a better recruiter? Don't know about that, but he is a damned good talent evaluator and took the dumpster fire that was Oregon St, and turned them into a team that consistently beat some big names (and had some really bad losses).

I don't love the hire, but with the right coords (still hoping for Frost) and our resources, it's his shot to prove he is top coach (which I don't think he was ever going to have a chance to do at OSU).

• Fire 1

He's been pretty comparable at Oregon State to Bill Snyder at KState. He did quite a bit with little. I'm excited to see what he can do with a considerable upgrade in facilities and such.

...and while the dux (40 miles to the south) are cutting their academic budget to increase the football budget, the beavers are doing the opposite putting money into academics and keeping the athletic budget pretty flat. The 'skers need better player development at more positions than D-line and in the secondary and this could be the "shocking!" hire someone mentioned in the sock post.

Cutting their academic budget to increase football? Troll. That's not happening. As for the Beavs, the athletic department is 20 million in the red. Oregon's is in the black.

Here's another interesting stat:

Wisconsin 7

Oregon St 10

2012 B1G CCG

Wisconsin 70

Nebraska 31

I know, I know. You can't really draw conclusions from two isolated data points. But it is interesting nonetheless...

He's been pretty comparable at Oregon State to Bill Snyder at KState. He did quite a bit with little. I'm excited to see what he can do with a considerable upgrade in facilities and such.

...and while the dux (40 miles to the south) are cutting their academic budget to increase the football budget, the beavers are doing the opposite putting money into academics and keeping the athletic budget pretty flat. The 'skers need better player development at more positions than D-line and in the secondary and this could be the "shocking!" hire someone mentioned in the sock post.

Cutting their academic budget to increase football? Troll. That's not happening. As for the Beavs, the athletic department is 20 million in the red. Oregon's is in the black.

Troll? I think not. As I type, U of Oregon Graduate students on strike because they are at or near lowest paid graduate students in PAC 12. Money is actively sequestered from Academics to subsidize Athletics. UO is great place to work/attend if you are an Athlete; OSU is a great place to work/attend if you are not an athlete. Check the budget numbers and you will see. A good place to start is http://www.uomatters.com/ . troll.