Mike Riley. For Him or GTFU

If I can support the Huskers through the Callahan days, then I can get through anything. And coach Riley has the potential to be just what we need. Only time will tell, no reason to whine and cry like a baby because they didnt hire pipe dream coach (Tressel). I believe Nebraska has a bright future ahead.

Is this a new board rule that opinions aren't allowed to change? If that's the case, what's the point?

I get that some folks look at the hire and see nothing but upside. A lot of us aren't there (yet). I see nothing with Riley's resume that indicates to me it's an upgrade. It looks to me like it is someone that is equally likely to succeed or fail but has much better demeanor than the last guy.

What I expected was somebody that came with less perceived risk of getting us to compete for championships. If Riley starts winning, I'll eat crow and call SE a genius. If he doesn't, well idk yet as I'm still in shock in the lackluster hire.

• Fire 2

Could have said the same exact thing for Bo.

For him or GTFU...

This program is bigger than any one guy.

However, I am severely disappointed. SEVERELY. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I thought this was Nebraska. I thought this was a top coaching gig. I know we haven't been recently, but it's still flippin' Nebraska...

After seeing what Alabama did to get Nick Saban.

After seeing what Ohio State did to get Urban Meyer.

I thought we were going to do that. I thought we were going to go out there and get a top coach to bring us back!

I am not disappointed in Mike Riley. I am sure he is a good coach. But Bo was a good coach...

I am disappointed in what I now realize.

We aren't a top program.

We don't have the weight to throw around to do what Ohio State and Alabama did.

Everyone wants to talk about not accepting mediocrity and becoming apathetic.

I have just become apathetic. Our program doesn't have it anymore. This hire proves it.

I'll get behind him. He may even do well. But disappointment in the realization that we can't get a Meyer or a Saban. That's the worst...

• Fire 1

This is pretty hilarious.

Nebraska hires essentially the polar opposite of Bo Pelini personality wise, and all the people who thought Bo deserved an 8th year for more time won't even give Riley a year.

Says it all I'd say.

This is a great hire with the potential to be outstanding.

• Fire 6

Nebraska hires essentially the polar opposite of Bo Pelini personality wise, and all the people who thought Bo deserved an 8th year for more time won't even give Riley a year.

Says it all I'd say.

I think most of the griping is from all the people who thought Tressel was a lock to be our coach, and then he wasn't. I was shocked and disappointed at first slightly but then after learning more about this guy, seems like he could be just what the team needs.

Says it all I'd say.

Seriously? The only positions are "Riley=<insert best coach eva>" or "you're hugging Bo's jock"?!?

I know plenty of folks who hated Bo from day 1 and are just as unhappy (right now) with the hire.

Time will tell. From everything I've read I'm not super excited but am cautiously optimistic. Sounds like a lot of people have a lot of respect for the guy.

I'll support him for at least a few years. I mean, I gave Bo 5.5 years or so before I lost my faith in him completely.

My reactions today, in order: Denial, shock, underwhelmed, skeptical.

I still feel all of these things.

I cannot say he would have been my first choice, or second, or third, or, well, any choice.... completely off my radar, as he was off everyone else's.

But it is what it is.... it was not our decision. This is the man going forward, and this is what we are given, like it or not.

I will support him until he gives me a reason not to. Results will speak for themselves.

• Fire 2