Riley's letter of introduction to past players

knapplc

Very warm and genuine of the new coach. Pretty cool.

I thought I also read that at OSU the practices were open to fans. I can envision the fan excitement around spring and fall practices. Forget media notes, we'll need HB reps at each one! :)

GTFO with that ;-)

Seriously - even if just 1 practice a month was open to fans I would be all over this. Where did you read this, I haven't come across it yet?

LOL :lol:

USA article. "At Oregon State, Riley's practices were open, and so was he."

I thought I also read that at OSU the practices were open to fans.

Does anybody know either of them so we could check to see if it is true?

Sure. Here's the linky dinky...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2014/12/04/nebraska-mike-riley-coach-oregon-state-analysis/19908547/

This is true. Practice was held at the SPC (Sports Performance Center), which has an indoor and outdoor field. During the spring and sunny days, practice was held outdoors and I would walk past and see the players and Riley out there every so often on my way to the gym, which was across the street from the SPC. You could just sit outside the fence and look into them practicing.

The more I learn about Mike, the more I'm reminded of TO before winning his NC. The way he conducts himself, the way he focuses on doing all of the small things the right way and letting the big things come from that. I will however do EVERYONE a favor by not expecting Mike to be a second coming of Tom.

he better be careful with that open practice policy or he could have 10 to 20 thousand people show up.

just out of curosity....how awesome would it be to watch a 2 hour or so practice. i know i would probably drive the 500 miles one way

just to say that i was at the practice where adam taylor cemented the starting job.

Interesting "take".....

I've had the opportunity to go to a few practices under Bo, and really, it's not much different from a routine high school practice we all remember........except the players are larger and more numerous with multiple stations.

(also, you had to have a lanyard with your name on it and the coach who ok'd it to be picked up from the football offices before you were allowed in; Also, don't ever sit down!.....I watched a elementary kid get chewed out by Jamrong for having the audacity to "sit" while watching).

Really, except for a few media, there aren't many "outsiders" around...........just a handful. (which is interesting because Doc Sadler used to have his practices open........and not many cared to show up there....probably an equal number to football)..........for obvious reasons... :D

This guy is fast winning the hearts and minds of Husker Nation.

The last guy to use the "winning the hearts and minds" phrase was instrumental in losing the Vietnam War.

So let's not be that guy, and concentrate on winning games, and the "hearts and minds" should follow...or not wander off.

REALLY, I mean just, REALLY!!!! That's not a place for some CA,BF,P who wasn't even born yet to go.

T_O_B