New HC Hiring AAR

at the least he heals the player/fan rift.......one step at a time, weedhopper! cleaning up after Bo will be no small task.

Don't go there. Bo didn't make a mess of this program. If you didn't like Bo's personality that's your prerogative, but Bo ran a clean program. The only problem was the disconnect fans felt they had with the team and that isn't a steep hill to overcome.

You pretty much just repeated what Hunter said. When he said clean up the program he was talking about the player/fan rift.

at the least he heals the player/fan rift.......one step at a time, weedhopper! cleaning up after Bo will be no small task.

Don't go there. Bo didn't make a mess of this program. If you didn't like Bo's personality that's your prerogative, but Bo ran a clean program. The only problem was the disconnect fans felt they had with the team and that isn't a steep hill to overcome.

You pretty much just repeated what Hunter said. When he said clean up the program he was talking about the player/fan rift.

He said cleaning up after Bo will be no small task. Which I believe he's alluding to more than that. Either way I believe it is only a small task.

He said no small task. I believe it is only a small task.

I believe it is a bigger task than you think

He said no small task. I believe it is only a small task.

I believe it is a bigger task than you think

Not even close.

If he had been forced to spend 2 weeks monitoring this board I wonder if he would have been willing to sign the contract? I don't see much "healing" going on.. I see blind optimism, vindictive self-righteousness, resignation, persistent indignation, and some indifference. He's supposed to fix all that with a wave of his hand or a win or two? I'm not sure even TO getting up and screaming for everyone to knock it off or he'd jam his dadgummed foot up our collective nether regions would stitch this thing back up. :dunno

I can't wait until people realize this 9 win deal was a smokescreen.

So,what happens if he pulls off a 5~7 season?

Boy, your wife must love your optimism. I'm like the crabbiest person I know, and you make me look like I fart rainbows.

Just asking a question.

9~4 wasn't well received, and history shows us that the year after a coaching change such as this, 5~7 is a possibility.

Will it happen? Don't know, but looking at the numbers, it's not impossible.

What happens in 3 or 4 years if Riley doesn't do any better than Bo? Are we going to get rid of him too? What happens if this team gets 7 or 8 wins in the next two years?

No, I don't think so.

If Bo had the record he had here sans a few of the blowouts and the blowups, and ran the whole show with the same embracing, positive vibe that Tim Miles did or Mike Riley seems to, I think Bo would still be coaching here -- and that's 7 years without a conference championship.

Our past two ADs both cited "the way we lost" when referring to on field performance.

So if Riley stays true to Riley and produces 7 Bo-like seasons: a few contending teams, no conference titles, and no total trainwrecks -- I think his seat would be heating up, but he probably escapes the axe unless his recruiting is just not up to par.