UAB

• 4 months later...

I listen to 93.7 the ticket. Last week the national morning show was talking about this. They were saying that UAB athletic department was making money. The boosters and fans are still fighting to keep the team. Plus the collective feel is it was being shut down not because of money but because of outside influences from Alabama namely Nick Saban. I have no idea why they would think this way or what Nick would have to do with it. But it's sad to see the program go away.

I listen to 93.7 the ticket. Last week the national morning show was talking about this. They were saying that UAB athletic department was making money. The boosters and fans are still fighting to keep the team. Plus the collective feel is it was being shut down not because of money but because of outside influences from Alabama namely Nick Saban. I have no idea why they would think this way or what Nick would have to do with it. But it's sad to see the program go away.

I have a feeling that with the changing landscape of college athletics, maybe they were trying to divert funds to the 2 big programs instead of spending money to upgrade UAB. That's my conspiracy theory on it, anyway

I have a feeling that with the changing landscape of college athletics, maybe they were trying to divert funds to the 2 big programs instead of spending money to upgrade UAB. That's my conspiracy theory on it, anyway

Thats possible of what others are thinking of possibly going on. If it's true then Southern Alabama, Troy and i feel as if i'm missing one is doomed.

I seen a report that UAB is having a financial firm look into the money to see if they can still field a team. Stated it is possible to start the program again as early as 2016 depending on the financial review.

• 1 month later...