Expectations over the next 5 years

Win 70%+ of games and graduate good student athletes. Hopefully that includes some 10 to 12 win regular seasons.

Run a clean program.

Doing that didnt work well for the last guy. Thankfully Bo's focus on making good students is helping this coach get to a bowl game on 5 wins. Maybe MR should split his $150,000 bonus with Bo since that's the reason we qualify.

They can say what ever they want about why BP was fired, he was fired because of the way he acted on the sideline, towards his bosses, towards the fan base and media. I was fine with his coaching and was very happy with the academic standards he set as a HC, but that type of personality is exhausting. If you have neve worked with or for someone like that you will never know. I have had a boss like that, it was like walking on egg shells all the time. One minute he was great and the next he would blow up about some stupid insignificant thing.

If BP would have won 70+% of his games and had that type of academic record and a better additude about things, he would still be at Nebraska. He doesn't have to be the nicest guy in the world, he just needs to not be a big dick.

+1. ^^ This. Exactly this. That expresses how I feel better than I could say it myself. I had no problem with Bo's coaching--well, the blowout losses were a bit frustrating. And I think it speaks volumes to Bo's credit that his players seemed intensely loyal to him. But the embarrassing sideline antics and behind the scenes profanity laced tirades were just too much. The guy was an embarrassment to the university. I think his temper is inherent to his personality. He just can't seem to help himself.

==========================

As for expectations, I expect that our recruiting will improve. I expect that Mike Riley and staff will go back to the film room in the offseason and figure out how to win the close games, and dominate weaker opponents. I expect us to get back to being a regular fixture in the top 20--and not be a stranger to the top 10.

Am I expecting too much?

Win 70%+ of games and graduate good student athletes. Hopefully that includes some 10 to 12 win regular seasons.

Run a clean program.

Doing that didnt work well for the last guy. Thankfully Bo's focus on making good students is helping this coach get to a bowl game on 5 wins. Maybe MR should split his $150,000 bonus with Bo since that's the reason we qualify.

They can say what ever they want about why BP was fired, he was fired because of the way he acted on the sideline, towards his bosses, towards the fan base and media. I was fine with his coaching and was very happy with the academic standards he set as a HC, but that type of personality is exhausting. If you have neve worked with or for someone like that you will never know. I have had a boss like that, it was like walking on egg shells all the time. One minute he was great and the next he would blow up about some stupid insignificant thing.

If BP would have won 70+% of his games and had that type of academic record and a better additude about things, he would still be at Nebraska. He doesn't have to be the nicest guy in the world, he just needs to not be a big dick.

We had a nice winner with Frank and ran him out of town, too.

Nebraska fans need to fix themselves.

I agree fans need to fix themselves but didn't Franks uh little Frankie .. get him fired? or have a lot to do with it??

Unsubstantiated rumor based on a smear campaign engineered after the Peder royally screwed up the search and hire.

Run a clean program.

I agree fans need to fix themselves but didn't Franks uh little Frankie .. get him fired? or have a lot to do with it??

Unsubstantiated rumor based on a smear campaign engineered after the Peder royally screwed up the search and hire.

Banging coeds and not recruiting gets you fired anywhere.

Run a clean program.

True, Nick Saban is not the nicest guy in the world, neither is Mark Dantonio with the media, and they do show some displeasure on the sidelines, but it's not the over the top stuff we saw from Bo. I loved the Bo hire eight years ago, and I thought he was doing a good job in the first two or three years. It seems the move to the B1G didn't do so well, but then maybe after three years, that coincided with the less than stellar recruiting. But, how bad were those guys because he won nine games with them and Riley could only eek out 5......help I'm going in circles again.

How sad that in one year Riley has made some fans lose the idea of "gimmie" games...

Not sad at all, and it's not MR that has changed it. Do you still not see the trend that is CFB parity? Most elite programs have had to lose the arrogant belief in "gimmie" games.

That's always been the case. Parity isn't that much higher now than in the 90s. In fact, some evidence shows that the rules changes have actually helped the "haves" of the CFB world, at least those located in high population areas.

That aside, as recently as a year ago, many fans were claiming that essentially 9 games a season were"gimmies" when they made their "a trained monkey could win 9 a year in Nebraska."

Either we don't even have a trained monkey or a lot has changed in a year. My suspicion: winning is a lot harder than "the greatest fans" appreciate.

Run a clean program.

True, Nick Saban is not the nicest guy in the world, neither is Mark Dantonio with the media, and they do show some displeasure on the sidelines, but it's not the over the top stuff we saw from Bo. I loved the Bo hire eight years ago, and I thought he was doing a good job in the first two or three years. It seems the move to the B1G didn't do so well, but then maybe after three years, that coincided with the less than stellar recruiting. But, how bad were those guys because he won nine games with them and Riley could only eek out 5......help I'm going in circles again.
Harbaugh and Kelly are far worse than Bo. So is Saban if one actually watches their games.

Personally, I'd rather see that than the "hands in pockets, stare at the ground and wait for it to be over" stuff that we see from other coaches.

Riley is a .500 coach. He had the talent to win more games this year had he truly played to the strengths of the players.

HE HAD HIS GUYS AT OSU. And still produced .546 career there............. Why does anyone suddenly think he will win here? What in his resume or previous performance says that he will change. The worrisome issue is that piss poor coaching cost some games. Not players, talent or "want to", but coaching. As Lightfighter said, look at who we lost to. That should never happen at NU. Not with some guy with such an incredible coaching pedigree..

We will suffer through the next few years until Riley is gone. Sadly, I wouldn't make a move until SE is kicked to the curb. I figure settle in for some 7-5, 8-4 seasons with a crazy win (MSU) every season, but playing for no conference championships or big bowls....

Two Grey Cups

Riley is a .500 coach. He had the talent to win more games this year had he truly played to the strengths of the players.

HE HAD HIS GUYS AT OSU. And still produced .546 career there............. Why does anyone suddenly think he will win here? What in his resume or previous performance says that he will change. The worrisome issue is that piss poor coaching cost some games. Not players, talent or "want to", but coaching. As Lightfighter said, look at who we lost to. That should never happen at NU. Not with some guy with such an incredible coaching pedigree..

We will suffer through the next few years until Riley is gone. Sadly, I wouldn't make a move until SE is kicked to the curb. I figure settle in for some 7-5, 8-4 seasons with a crazy win (MSU) every season, but playing for no conference championships or big bowls....

Two Grey Cups

That's some deadpan delivery right there.

My expectations are for Riley to recruit some elite talent to replace many of the MAC players Bo brought in and win some games, maybe a championship or two.

I wonder why some of our players feel the fans are against them...

Im going to resist the urge to attack you personally though, even though you continually attack our players.

• Fire 1

Run a clean program.

Harbaugh and Kelly are far worse than Bo. So is Saban if one actually watches their games.

Personally, I'd rather see that than the "hands in pockets, stare at the ground and wait for it to be over" stuff that we see from other coaches.

I'm with you CM, I like to see some passion on the sidelines, to me it shows you care. Urban Meyer chucking the headset last year in the Sugar Bowl comes to mind. A guy adjusting the draw strings on his hoodie doesn't instill in me that he is fully into the game, I guess.

Run a clean program.

Solich was a great recruiter.

Mods, is this sort of stuff allowed? Really?

Run a clean program.

Solich was a great recruiter.

Joe Daily and Santino Panico say hi.

Run a clean program.

Kelly maybe Harbaugh no. Saban meh .I don't think any of these 3 cost their team a game due to tantrums like Bo did his this year. the difference is these guys win games that matter while Bo got his ass kicked repeatedly in the games that mattered and looked like a tool doing it. as for Riley, hes a f'ing zombie on the sideline and what looks to me des little as far as play calls or in game coaching. but there isn't a camera fixed on him like there was on Bo during games so I could be wrong.