I am SOLD!!!

While listening to Mike Riley's press conference this guy has sold his ideas on me! I love the fact that he is going to hold his coaches accountable in regards to how they coach our student athletes. I love how he is embracing the tradition at Nebraska and the core values that our university stands for. Now I see how every coach in the country likes this guy. I also love the fact how he says that he and his staff needs to hit the recruiting trail fast! Welcome to Nebraska Coach Riley, you have gained a HUGE fan in me! GO BIG RED!!!

While listening to Mike Riley's press conference this guy has sold his ideas on me! I love the fact that he is going to hold his coaches accountable in regards to how they coach our student athletes. I love how he is embracing the tradition at Nebraska and the core values that our university stands for. Now I see how every coach in the country likes this guy. I also love the fact how he says that he and his staff needs to hit the recruiting trail fast! Welcome to Nebraska Coach Riley, you have gained a HUGE fan in me! GO BIG RED!!!

Did he mention how he was going to distribute Blackshirts? :funnyhahah

• Fire 1

Never thought for a moment that the fanbase wouldn't be won over by him quickly. He's an extremely nice and easy person to deal with. Sure in the end it will all come down to wins and loses but from a figurehead/face of a program aspect, he is perfect for Nebraska. In all honesty he will remind some of TO.

This is a man that has a lot of experience and knows how to coach.

Never thought for a moment that the fanbase wouldn't be win over by him quickly. He's an extremely nice and easy person to deal with. Sure in the end it will all come down to wins and loses but from a figurehead/face of a program aspect, he is perfect for Nebraska. In all honesty he will remind some off TO.

It's funny you say that because I was thinking the same things about how he reminds me of both Tom Osborne and another great coach, Dick Vermeil.

I don't care how they get distributed...but the next guy to come in here and undersell what is arguably the greatest marketing tool NU has........well - he just can't do that. It's part of the brand and shouldn't be minimized at all..........

It matters, both from a financial standpoint and a recruiting standpoint. It should be a prominent part of the whole deal...........

I get that coach needs to run the program his way,

I don't care how they get distributed...but the next guy to come in here and undersell what is arguably the greatest marketing tool NU has........well - he just can't do that. It's part of the brand and shouldn't be minimized at all..........

It matters, both from a financial standpoint and a recruiting standpoint. It should be a prominent part of the whole deal...........

I realize the coach has to be allowed to run things how he sees fit, but I do wish someone with authority would tell him that whomever he's planning to start that week at defense wears the black shirts every practice, and no more than 12 shall be worn. Someone who seems to respect NU's traditions like Riley seems to, I wouldn't think he'd have a problem with this.

Or hopefully Ed Orgeron

Not Orgeron. The guy is not cool. Here's a quote from a USC player:

In order to show up on time for a required statistics course one semester, he says he had to leave spring practice twenty minutes early, once a week. His defensive line coach, Ed Orgeron, wasn’t happy. You motherf—-r, DeMars remembers Orgeron, who went on to become head coach at Ole Miss from 2005 to 2007, and is now back at USC as assistant head coach, shouting at him. “He M-F’d me all over the place,” says DeMars. “He made me feel like a bad person for going to class.”

DeMars says playing for USC was a “dream come true.” But it came at a cost. “You get brainwashed by your coaches,” says DeMars. “You don’t want to let anyone down.” According to DeMars, in practice Orgeron would unleash verbal assaults on him, calling him every curse in the book. “He would push his brow into my head while he was screaming at me with his fist balled up,” says DeMars. “How am I not supposed to think this is a coach yelling at me and not someone trying to fight me?” http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/06/10/ex-usc-football-player-how-my-coach-called-me-a-m-r-for-going-to-class/

This is the character of a jerk. I also remember there being an assault charge, or something strange against Orgeron. Leave him be.

• Fire 1