Johnny Stanton

When you want to be the teacher's pet you supposed to bring an apple. What do you bring to a football coach?

Wow, you're still here? I would have thought the remains of your corpse would be warm ashes by now, cooling at the stake some people probably wanted to tie you to.

Seems like this hire is a great opportunity for him. Maybe his first chance to get a legitimate shot at playing. We know the previous coaching staffs unwillingness to go away from someone they were loyal too. As you can see he seemed very excited about meeting coach Riley as he's seen waiting to shake his hand. I think this staff will give him the opportunity to grow as a quarterback and he is someone who I truly believe will flourish at Nebraska if he's given a fair shot.

I see this pic of Riley grabbing Stanton, and I think:

"This arm.....gettin ready to throw for 2000 yards this year?"

"We dependin on you boys. 22 letterman coming back. Lookin tough"

• Fire 2

Seems like this hire is a great opportunity for him. Maybe his first chance to get a legitimate shot at playing. We know the previous coaching staffs unwillingness to go away from someone they were loyal too. As you can see he seemed very excited about meeting coach Riley as he's seen waiting to shake his hand. I think this staff will give him the opportunity to grow as a quarterback and he is someone who I truly believe will flourish at Nebraska if he's given a fair shot.

I see this pic of Riley grabbing Stanton, and I think:

"This arm.....gettin ready to throw for 2000 yards this year?"

"We dependin on you boys. 22 letterman coming back. Lookin tough"

2,000 isnt very much.

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

This. The previous staff praised Stanton, but said he was inconsistent.

Going forward, I'm excited to see what our QBs can do with what seems likely to be more and better hands-on QB coaching.

Yeah...cuz Tommy was rock solid as QB :huh:

The long-prophecied QB brawl between Stanton and Armstrong should finally materialize this Spring. Look forward to it, it'll make both players better.

And Darlington, Bush...you have guys coming off redshirt years with a clean slate in a new system. There's a lot of excitement here, I think.

It was stated yesterday on one of talking head shows that Stanton was high on Coach Riley's list, and also that Stanton had made the comment that Coach Riley was his favorite coach during his recruitment. He has to be a very happy young man. I wonder if having what he thought was a great QB in the ranks, had some effect on his coming here. No idea, just a thought.