Johnny Stanton

TA needs a coach. I'm curious to see how he responds. He has skills.

I watched Ryker Fyfe play a few high school games. That kid can play too. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the mix.

The real thing Stanton now has is a chance. I wouldn't put anything more into it than that.

Coaching can help, but TA better learn to throw with more accuracy.

You guys are making it sound like while Riley was trying hard to get Stanton, Stanton was forced upon Bo, so Stanton will finally get a fair shake from Riley. We (Bo) recruited Stanton just as hard, maybe harder since we got him. Bo wanted Stanton to succeed as much as anyone. I tend to believe Stanton just wasn't ready this year. Maybe he will be next year with better coaching. I think everyone is going to get a new look next year, but I don't buy that we're going to unleash a superstar who was unfairly buried at 3rd string last year.

And if you want to wildly speculate on motives, isn't it also possible that Riley will be resentful that Stanton turned him down and hold it against him? I don't think that will happen, but it's just as valid.

• Fire 2

I watched Ryker Fyfe play a few high school games. That kid can play too. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the mix.

The real thing Stanton now has is a chance. I wouldn't put anything more into it than that.

And how to read defenses.

You guys are making it sound like while Riley was trying hard to get Stanton, Stanton was forced upon Bo, so Stanton will finally get a fair shake from Riley. We (Bo) recruited Stanton just as hard, maybe harder since we got him. Bo wanted Stanton to succeed as much as anyone. I tend to believe Stanton just wasn't ready this year. Maybe he will be next year with better coaching. I think everyone is going to get a new look next year, but I don't buy that we're going to unleash a superstar who was unfairly buried at 3rd string last year.

And if you want to wildly speculate on motives, isn't it also possible that Riley will be resentful that Stanton turned him down and hold it against him? I don't think that will happen, but it's just as valid.

I would be totally shocked, but sure, that could happen. I have had guys that did not come out for my team one year...but came out the next. I was a little pissed at first...but if they were good at football...I got over it! haha

I think it's his decision making skills. Football instinct. The problem is how do you teach someone that? You can't really. He has a big arm and I definitely like that about him. He's actually this years version of Martinez to me because Martinez once in the open field had straight out speed to burn but his passing was obviously suspect. He had obvious positives about him but came with some bad tendencies. Armstrong has a rifle and can run decently also but as we've seen sometimes the ball goes into the wrong hands too much or he just misses his target all together so in the end he's turning the ball over to much almost like Martinez did. He had the chance to improve in season 2. He made some amazing throws and then made some really horrible ones and he had some fumble issues. Throw a new coach and scheme at him and it could either be a blessing or a curse. Stanton looks like a physical specimen just standing on the sidelines. I just want to see what he can do.

Seems like this hire is a great opportunity for him. Maybe his first chance to get a legitimate shot at playing. We know the previous coaching staffs unwillingness to go away from someone they were loyal too. As you can see he seemed very excited about meeting coach Riley as he's seen waiting to shake his hand. I think this staff will give him the opportunity to grow as a quarterback and he is someone who I truly believe will flourish at Nebraska if he's given a fair shot.

I see this pic of Riley grabbing Stanton, and I think:

"This arm.....gettin ready to throw for 2000 yards this year?"

"We dependin on you boys. 22 letterman coming back. Lookin tough"

2,000 isnt very much.

He will throw for 1500 yards with his other arm too.

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

You are probably right, for this system, jack of all trades offesne that Beck ran.

But. That does not mean that Stanton wasn't the most talented QB on the roster. We've heard over a 100 times now, that Riley molds offense around his players. He'll see that Stanton has the most talent. Mold the offense around him to have him succeed. No doubt in my mind Stanton is the starter next year.

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

this is debateable, in my opinion.

Probably is debatable. I just believe that Bo was a lot of things but he's not a coach that doesn't play the best player in a skill position.

Probably is debatable. I just believe that Bo was a lot of things but he's not a coach that doesn't play the best player in a skill position.
i cant help but argue with this. Too many instances otherwise. Banderas over Rose(had rose not been hurt, this woulda happened), last year Randle over Collins/Valentine, Alex Lewis over Price. Cotton over Kondolo. Pelini over Reeves. Santos over Anderson. Cooper still playing for whatever the hell reason.

These were obvious. With obvious results on the field, to casual fans. And thats just the last two seasons. Youll never convince me that Martinez was our best chance to win on 2010 over a senior Zack Lee, even with all the flashes. Martinez was a project for the future, but he wasnt the best quarterback at the time in 2010

• Fire 2

i cant help but argue with this. Too many instances otherwise. Banderas over Rose(had rose not been hurt, this woulda happened), last year Randle over Collins/Valentine, Alex Lewis over Price. Cotton over Kondolo. Pelini over Reeves. Santos over Anderson. Cooper still playing for whatever the hell reason.

These were obvious. With obvious results on the field, to casual fans. And thats just the last two seasons. Youll never convince me that Martinez was our best chance to win on 2010 over a senior Zack Lee, even with all the flashes. Martinez was a project for the future, but he wasnt the best quarterback at the time in 2010

And that's why its debateable. But in your examples you didn't mention one skill position.