Possible tOSU QB transfer?

With Cardale Jones' performance in the B1G CCG the question for tOSU next year becomes 'who'?

Braxton Miller - Senior

Miller will be coming back from a major injury. At the start of the year, he was a Heisman hopeful.

J.T. Barrett - Sophmore

Aside from the VT game, tOSU has been rolling all competition. Barrett became a star and was brought into Heisman finalist contention before a season ending injury.

Cardale Jones - Junior

Yikes. So much for Wisky's amazing defense. For his first start he looked like Manning/Luck on that field today. With a possible playoff spot Jones could have 2 more games to become the front runner for next year.

Other

?

I've never seen so many competent QBs on a team in a single year. Since all seem very capable and could start for most teams, who (if any) do you think transfers? Miller and Jones are both from Ohio so maybe playing for their favorite team is enough. Any tOSU fans want to chime in? (As that's about as far as my knowledge goes for tOSU's QB situation goes.)

• Fire 1

With Cardale Jones' performance in the B1G CCG the question for tOSU next year becomes 'who'?

Braxton Miller - Senior

Miller will be coming back from a major injury. At the start of the year, he was a Heisman hopeful.

J.T. Barrett - Sophmore

Aside from the VT game, tOSU has been rolling all competition. Barrett became a star and was brought into Heisman finalist contention before a season ending injury.

Cardale Jones - Junior

Yikes. So much for Wisky's amazing defense. For his first start he looked like Manning/Luck on that field today. With a possible playoff spot Jones could have 2 more games to become the front runner for next year.

Other

?

I've never seen so many competent QBs on a team in a single year. Since all seem very capable and could start for most teams, who (if any) do you think transfers? Miller and Jones are both from Ohio so maybe playing for their favorite team is enough. Any tOSU fans want to chime in? (As that's about as far as my knowledge goes for tOSU's QB situation goes.)

Well, I will agree with something for sure. Since my days when I went to school there till now (graduated in 2005), I have never seen a team there that has such a stable of QBs. I mean, frankly, its a silly amount of riches. It may be the deepest QB group of any team for quite a long time. As for the actual question, who possibly knows at this point. I'd think the biggest possibility for transfer is Braxton for obvious reasons (being able to play next season immediately being number 1). I don't think either of the other two even contemplate it. But who really knows. This is a great problem to have.

In 1994, Nebraska was down to a 3rd string walk-on and went on the road and won a game against a top 20 team. But with all due respect, Turman was no where even close to being as dynamic and effective as Cardale Jones was. That was just insane. And once he got in Wiscy's head, it was done. Which was pretty early.

To say "he won the game" is a bit of a stretch. He basically handed it off and the roster of playmakers won the game.

Not to disparage him, but his contribution was fairly limited to taking the snap and not screwing it up.

OSU has done a great job of recruiting at the QB level. But, there are lots of teams who have had three very good QBs in their stable. The only difference is, usually, you don't see how good they are while all three are still at the school.

Honestly, the only surprise for me is how Cradale performed in his first start on such a big stage. Now, he has to do the same against the evil empire from the south. I hope he can live up to expectations and take them down.

He is a Junior though. It's not like he's a freshman who is relatively knew to the system and surrounding players. He obviously has spent the last 3-4 years acclimating to the system, learning it and getting to know his teammates. Putting it all together like that last Saturday was impressive.

Something Alabama is going to have now is game tape of him on the big stage and they will be able to game plan around it.

Barrett i the only one I could see possibly transferring due to him only being a Sophomore.

• Fire 1

OSU has done a great job of recruiting at the QB level. But, there are lots of teams who have had three very good QBs in their stable. The only difference is, usually, you don't see how good they are while all three are still at the school.

Honestly, the only surprise for me is how Cradale performed in his first start on such a big stage. Now, he has to do the same against the evil empire from the south. I hope he can live up to expectations and take them down.

He is a Junior though. It's not like he's a freshman who is relatively knew to the system and surrounding players. He obviously has spent the last 3-4 years acclimating to the system, learning it and getting to know his teammates. Putting it all together like that last Saturday was impressive.

Something Alabama is going to have now is game tape of him on the big stage and they will be able to game plan around it.

Barrett i the only one I could see possibly transferring due to him only being a Sophomore.

Why would Barrett transfer? He has a great shot at starting. Jones doesn't have a shot at starting next year with Miller and Barrett in front of him.

Why would Barrett transfer? He has a great shot at starting. Jones doesn't have a shot at starting next year with Miller and Barrett in front of him.

Really? Jones doesn't have a chance of starting when he just got done winning the CCG game for them in high enough fashion they springboarded into the playoffs? Now...what happens if he goes and beats Alabama? What if he wins the NC?

Right now, i wouldn't put it past any of the three to be the starter.

Really? Jones doesn't have a chance of starting when he just got done winning the CCG game for them in high enough fashion they springboarded into the playoffs? Now...what happens if he goes and beats Alabama? What if he wins the NC?

Right now, i wouldn't put it past any of the three to be the starter.

Yes, really. Miller and Barrett have higher ceilings than Jones.

That's a great point.

Although, for what it's worth, Jones is a redshirt sophomore *this* year, so 3 years.