New NU Defensive Coordinator Mark Banker

Oregon State was better at stopping the run than Nebraska with less talent. And an overall tougher schedule.

And they never gave up 56 in a row, either.

He gave up 69 to washington which is worse than 56 in a row and 70 points

I don't want to be better than OSU! I want to be top 10! Hire some top talent please, not a DC that gives up 69 to a bad Washington team!

This is a disappointing DC hire, which I am 95% certain Banker will be DC. He might be a good DC, but that is the one position Riley had to get a super recruiter on his staff.

He won't be able to hire a great recruiter at OC, because the OC will reflect Riley as an offensive coach.

Coordinators aren't on the trail as often as position coaches.

This is a disappointing DC hire, which I am 95% certain Banker will be DC. He might be a good DC, but that is the one position Riley had to get a super recruiter on his staff.

He won't be able to hire a great recruiter at OC, because the OC will reflect Riley as an offensive coach.

Coordinators aren't on the trail as often as position coaches.

I was looking more for a guy with connections like Steele, Orgeron, or some position coach from a big program. Not trying to be negative, but it just didn't happen.

• Fire 1

Everyone's been blown out by Oregon aside from the first few games of the year. Look at the Oregon results for the year. The previous year was a very close game and Oregon won it by 1.

And yet we are not talking to Frost ...

Maybe Frost isn't talking to us?

Then we need to show him the money

Please use accurate comparisons.

What is inaccurate? If Frost is offered enough money he will be interested; especially with a 61 year old head coach.

Everyone's been blown out by Oregon aside from the first few games of the year. Look at the Oregon results for the year. The previous year was a very close game and Oregon won it by 1.

And yet we are not talking to Frost ...

Maybe Frost isn't talking to us?

Then we need to show him the money

Please use accurate comparisons.

What is inaccurate? If Frost is offered enough money he will be interested; especially with a 61 year old head coach.

Not! He said last year he would only come back if he was offered the HC job.

Hmm... Well if he is in fact our new DC, I'm a bit underwhelmed. Considering Coach Riley will be running the show on offense, I was really hoping for an experienced, home run, big name hire as DC to handle the other side of the ball. We've seen firsthand how bad it can be when you turn one half of your team over to someone who is ill-equipped to orchestrate its workings.

On the other hand, Banker is at least very experienced. He's coached at least one very good year (2012) and several impressive single game performances versus top ranked opponents with great offenses. He'll have access to much higher tier talent at NU and that attacking defense sounds very enticing after too damn much read and react. Also, Riley played and coached DBs for much of his early career, so he'll actually be able to help to some degree. And big name does not always ensure good results -- see Weis, Charley, Muschamp, Will, and Tedford, Jeff, among others. Success is relative and depends largely on circumstances.

We'll see.

• Fire 2