New NU Defensive Coordinator Mark Banker

I love how we have suddenly shifted the goalposts from "coaches learning to be coordinators on the job" to "coaches learning to be successful coordinators with resources on the job."

It seems like we're always just going to find something new to complain about. We probably will.

Or we could actually hire a successful coordinator with a proven track record. That would do the trick.
Is there someone in particular you are referring to?

I love how we have suddenly shifted the goalposts from "coaches learning to be coordinators on the job" to "coaches learning to be successful coordinators with resources on the job."

It seems like we're always just going to find something new to complain about. We probably will.

Or we could actually hire a successful coordinator with a proven track record. That would do the trick.
Is there someone in particular you are referring to?
Poaching a coordinator from a successful program would be nice. Mushchamp is excellent defensively, that was not the issue at Florida, and can recruit. Offer Pat Narduzzi 200k more than he's currently making.

Point is that I want to see Nebraska take a step in the right direction with the coordinators. Open the bank vault.

• Fire 5

Rumor on another board is as Jamrong's position. Who knows.

Too date, I have yet to say hell yea we are on our way. So far looks like we are trading a car with a bad engine for one with a bad transmission......I bought into the Tressel, Muschamp hype and thought after the Cally debacle, NU would have learned.......

• Fire 2

Don't most defenses struggle against mobile qbs in comparison to immobile qbs?

Yeah, true.

Just...the entire things gives me flashbacks...horrifying flashbacks.

All he really needs to do is just give us a solid system that prevents our defense from getting gashed. No one expects the 71 team to suddenly returned. Don't allow 600 yards in a game, you're already on your way.

Don't most defenses struggle against mobile qbs in comparison to immobile qbs?

Yeah, true.

Just...the entire things gives me flashbacks...horrifying flashbacks.

All he really needs to do is just give us a solid system that prevents our defense from getting gashed. No one expects the 71 team to suddenly returned. Don't allow 600 yards in a game, you're already on your way.

Exactly, our previous regime ended up having worse collapses than Cosgrove. I don't see how it could possibly be any worse.