New NU Defensive Coordinator Mark Banker

We have accepted mediocrity officially at nebraska

Any facts to your quote?

We are nebraska and we have made Oregon State's Defensive Coordinator our own, the definition of mediocrity. Cannot wait for big ten play in November next year!

That is a statement/opinion not a fact. Why does the hiring on one asst. coach cause this? This statement makes no sense and lacks any factual information

I hope Banker will not be our DC. My only hope is that Riley hasn't yet announced that Banker is the new DC. I know it's a long shot, but I hope he has a different roll for Banker. I don't want him as DC simply because he is buddies with Riley. That never works out well. I once coached a men's softball team. Invited a good friend to play on the team. As time went on, it was apparent that he was overmatched. I swallowed hard and removed him from the team at season's end even though he didn't want to be removed. It was a tough decision, but I knew I had to make the move for the team. If I could do it at such a small level, then Riley should have the courage to give Banker a different roll rather than letting friendship keep him at DC when Riley knows Banker isn't a very good DC (Yes, this is a pipe dream, but here's to hoping). If Banker is named as DC, it won't be quite like learning when Cosgrove became DC, but not too far from it. I'm worried that Banker gave up 69 points to Washington last year! Scary stuff, since Washington wasn't that good last year.

1359732128868379938.GIF