New NU Defensive Coordinator Mark Banker

Oregon State was better at stopping the run than Nebraska with less talent. And an overall tougher schedule.

And they never gave up 56 in a row, either.

He gave up 69 to washington which is worse than 56 in a row and 70 points
. Really?!?!?!?! Cause I see 37-13 as the score for Washington. Must be a typo on multiple sites.

Since I was talking about where they defensively this year..... That's the year I was referring too.

I have never seen so much animosity towards a coach who has never coached a damn game at a place like Nebraska who is consistently more talented than the other teams in its conference.

Shut. The f#*k. Up.

We gave Bo 7 years, the least you all could do is give Mike Riley 1 year.

While true, you don't have to be a genius to see what the ingredients in this recipe will make.

If I asked you say, to transplant the staff from NC State here, would you be excited? They would have more resources to work with after all. What about the staff of North Carolina or any other?

I personally don't have animosity towards the coach, I think he'll do an okay job. But I'm not going to carry the same blind faith into each season like I have been for the last 15 seasons hoping for a different result only to be disappointed until I see somebody hired who is a PROVEN difference maker. Can you honestly say, outside of hoping resources help the staff (which doesn't always work, ask Michigan or Florida) that the staff so far has anybody who is proven?

No.

• Fire 1

I have never seen so much animosity towards a coach who has never coached a damn game at a place like Nebraska who is consistently more talented than the other teams in its conference.

Shut. The f#*k. Up.

While true, you don't have to be a genius to see what the ingredients in this recipe will make.

If I asked you say, to transplant the staff from NC State here, would you be excited? They would have more resources to work with after all. What about the staff of North Carolina or any other?

I personally don't have animosity towards the coach, I think he'll do an okay job. But I'm not going to carry the same blind faith into each season like I have been for the last 15 seasons hoping for a different result only to be disappointed until I see somebody hired who is a PROVEN difference maker. Can you honestly say, outside of hoping resources help the staff (which doesn't always work, ask Michigan or Florida) that the staff so far has anybody who is proven?

No.

Apparently the whole Oregon State was so far worse compared to the rest of the Pac 12 in terms of talent and yet these coaches found ways to win games with them and they are now coming to a team that is consistently more talented than the teams in the Big Ten is still lost on people.

Proven doesn't necessarily mean championship caliber.

• Fire 1

Shut. The f#*k. Up.

No.

Apparently the whole Oregon State was so far worse compared to the rest of the Pac 12 in terms of talent and yet these coaches found ways to win games with them and they are now coming to a team that is consistently more talented than the teams in the Big Ten is still lost on people.

Proven doesn't necessarily mean championship caliber.

Explain how this is any different than any other unsuccessful team in the country? You can apply the same logic to Wake Forest, NC State, Vanderbilt, etc.

All those teams are unsuccessful for the most part but manage to find wins and bowl games every now and then. All of those coaching staffs would come here and receive an upgrade in talent and resources.

So basically what we have to do now is just hope that it pans out (I'm hoping just like the rest of you). But this hire would be a lot more comforting if proven assistants were assembled, which isn't the case.

• Fire 1

The things that worry me that Banker might be Coz Part 2:

1. In 2013, a 6-4 Washington hung 69 on them! And the game was played at OSU!

2. In 2013, Eastern Washington hung 49 on them (and won!)

3. In the 11 years that Banker has been DC at OSU, they were only 20 games over .500.

4. In the last 5 years, OSU has been 5 games under .500

5. In 2014, OSU lost 4 games by no less than 24 points

Wow, this really makes me question Riley's hiring of Banker.

• Fire 1

The things that worry me that Banker might be Coz Part 2:

1. In 2013, a 6-4 Washington hung 69 on them! And the game was played at OSU!

2. In 2013, Eastern Washington hung 49 on them (and won!)

3. In the 11 years that Banker has been DC at OSU, they were only 20 games over .500.

4. In the last 5 years, OSU has been 5 games under .500

5. In 2014, OSU lost 4 games by no less than 24 points

Wow, this really makes me question Riley's hiring of Banker.

Why didn't you use specfically 2012 in your argument??? Some of your stats are a screen shot over time. Yet you seem to omit 2012 when talking specfic years.

Sean Callahan is saying that Banker is the new DC.

Sean Callahan (@Sean_Callahan) tweeted at 9:41 PM on Mon, Dec 08, 2014:

Those questioning the Mark Banker DC hire...he held Wisconsin 2012 offense to 7 points and 207 yards - 35 total rushing yards.

(https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/status/542162163859615744)

Sean Callahan also said Riley ran an offense like Wisconsin's (and specifically mentioned the power running game) last Thursday.

Why didn't you use specfically 2012 in your argument??? Some of your stats are a screen shot over time. Yet you seem to omit 2012 when talking specfic years.

I felt that the last two years were more relevant, as they are the most recent. I wanted to see what momentum he had coming out of OSU on his way to NU. That is why I looked at the last two years.