SIGNED - TE Matt Snyder

Mavric

I simply don't understand why. In. The. WORLD. Beck went away from using TEs in his offense. The size/speed combo the right guy can provide an offense is a ridiculous advantage. You see it in the NFL as well. Guys like Gronk and Graham are such physical freaks that there is NO ideal cover man for them. You double them or live with the damage they do. If nothing else, Carter was such a gifted athlete I'd have at least split him out in the slot like Wats used to use McNeil.

Extremely pleased Riley understands the unique advantage TEs provide and relies on them. This young man should have an outstanding career here.

• Fire 1

Agreed Dudeguy. It would be one thing if Carter and Cotton were dropping passes left and right, then you could almost say that it was Armstrong that steered clear of them, but they just didn't have many passes their way. I would say Kyler Reed had some problems in that regard, but they still usually threw the ball his way a couple times per game. The NFL is a playground for those types of TE's.