Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

The fact that Moss stuck around instead of transferring tells us that he's either colossally stupid, the former coaching staff gave him exceedingly bad advice, or he had reason to believe from the University Administration that if he did X-Y-Z, he'd have a solid chance at returning to the team.

Even with a 50/50 chance at returning, the former coaching staff would have been exceedingly negligent in their care of this young man if they did not do everything in their power to encourage him to transfer. We know they have not stood in the way of other players transferring, Braylon Heard, Aaron Green & Cody Green among them, so it's not like they would have moved to block Moss' transfer had that been his best step.

So while we haven't sat down with UNL Administration to consult on Moss' situation, it's pretty easy to infer a few things about what's going on.

The only thing we know is what is bolded in your statement. Now, the first option we know is correct because he is in this situation to begin with. We have absolutely no clue which of the last two options are correct.

The fact that Moss stuck around instead of transferring tells us that he's either colossally stupid, the former coaching staff gave him exceedingly bad advice, or he had reason to believe from the University Administration that if he did X-Y-Z, he'd have a solid chance at returning to the team.

Even with a 50/50 chance at returning, the former coaching staff would have been exceedingly negligent in their care of this young man if they did not do everything in their power to encourage him to transfer. We know they have not stood in the way of other players transferring, Braylon Heard, Aaron Green & Cody Green among them, so it's not like they would have moved to block Moss' transfer had that been his best step.

So while we haven't sat down with UNL Administration to consult on Moss' situation, it's pretty easy to infer a few things about what's going on.

:yeah

I'd say it was pretty clear to Moss that if he did XYZ he'd be back on the team, and XYZ were not monumental in that he didn't think he could follow through with his side of the deal. Otherwise he'd have been packing his bags a year ago. The fact that he stayed mean there was a high likelyhood that he'd be back on the team this spring. If that doesn't happen, combined w/ the staffing change - I'd say it looks pretty crappy for the university.

• Fire 1

We have evidence that Bo has not stopped half a dozen players from transferring. We can presume that in this one situation Bo did something entirely different, but the most likely scenario is what I outlined above.

Occam's Razor, and all that.

Very different situation when you have Braylon Heard WANTING to transfer and Bo doesn't block the transfer and Moss NOT wanting to transfer and Bo doing what he can to convince him to stick around and try to get back on the team.

Not quite the whole story Headley. He made Osborne the AD, not the interim AD. Then when Osborne wouldn't get rid of Pelini he started looking for TO's replacement without his knowledge. When Osborne found out he announced his retirement. Harvey is a snake in the grass.

What proof of this do you have? I ask because this sounds like Osborne was forced out and Osborne himself has gone on record to say he wasn't forced out.

Not quite the whole story Headley. He made Osborne the AD, not the interim AD. Then when Osborne wouldn't get rid of Pelini he started looking for TO's replacement without his knowledge. When Osborne found out he announced his retirement. Harvey is a snake in the grass.

What proof of this do you have? I ask because this sounds like Osborne was forced out and Osborne himself has gone on record to say he wasn't forced out.

osborne went on record saying the only possible thing he could say in that sitatuation. pelini was on record saying something different.

not saying either is true, but i don't think pelini would just make that crap up, and i wouldn't expect osborne to every confirm it as fact.

• Fire 2

i don't think pelini would just make that crap up

The two recordings of Bo are chock full of him making crap up, or at the least twisting words and situations to suit his worldview.

I gave Bo the benefit of the doubt after the first recording came out. Years later and another recording comes out, and he's still spewing the same me-against-the-world garbage... nope. I'm not taking a single thing that guy said seriously.

• Fire 2

osborne went on record saying the only possible thing he could say in that sitatuation. pelini was on record saying something different.

not saying either is true, but i don't think pelini would just make that crap up, and i wouldn't expect osborne to every confirm it as fact.

Some people here have trouble reading between the lines. Osborne was probably brought in to "right the ship" after the Steve Peterson experiment ran off the rails probably less so then he was brought in to save Perlman's ass from all the pitchfork wielding fans and boosters for making that hire, giving everyone contract extensions, etc. Then once things calmed down and Perlman decided Bo had to go in comes another puppet that was hired without consulting or any involvment by the current interim AD, who is a living legend in that place, and he gets phased out so HP could push his agenda without someone above football who could actually push back at all.

So no, the Chancellor shouldn't be judged on Athlectics usually excepting that he keeps sticking his nose in them. That's why if Coach Riley ends up with a similar record here to his long history of mediocrity in Corvalis Perlman will need to get canned along with the rests of the staff and AD. Nobody is rooting for that, but that'll be the reality of the situation if the program needs saving again. Otherwise we'll just keep letting Perlman repeat the same cycle that's already kept the program down for over a decade now.

Some people here have trouble reading between the lines.

I find this is usually code for "I am about to make sh#t up". The rest of your post did not disappoint.

• Fire 6

Some people here have trouble reading between the lines. Osborne was probably brought in to "right the ship" after the Steve Peterson experiment ran off the rails probably less so then he was brought in to save Perlman's ass from all the pitchfork wielding fans and boosters for making that hire, giving everyone contract extensions, etc. Then once things calmed down and Perlman decided Bo had to go in comes another puppet that was hired without consulting or any involvment by the current interim AD, who is a living legend in that place, and he gets phased out so HP could push his agenda without someone above football who could actually push back at all.

So no, the Chancellor shouldn't be judged on Athlectics usually excepting that he keeps sticking his nose in them. That's why if Coach Riley ends up with a similar record here to his long history of mediocrity in Corvalis Perlman will need to get canned along with the rests of the staff and AD. Nobody is rooting for that, but that'll be the reality of the situation if the program needs saving again. Otherwise we'll just keep letting Perlman repeat the same cycle that's already kept the program down for over a decade now.

It's ironic that your user name is methodical when your logic is anything but. What agenda are you talking about? If you're going to make accusations you need to articulate Pearlman's vision. Since you can't, maybe you should just stop posting or get over your feelings being hurt. The words in bold seem like exactly what you're rooting for.

Basically, the BIG TIME money people "forced" HP to bring TO back to fix the mess HP created. This is what created the rif……. The two do NOT get along and although TO was ready to get out and focus on his mentoring organization, HP was more than ready to get rid of the man that MOST of the State considered the face of the University. Reality says, the University of Nebraska is known as a football school, regardless of the academics.

I think HP has done great things academically… I am a grad and appreciate what he has done in that area. If he would just keep his focus on what he is GOOD at, rather than spending his time revenging a long time vendetta, based on jealousy….. UNL would be much better off….. this is what I meant by wanting someone new…..but now that he has managed to clean house COMPLETELY of any ties whatsoever , with the TO generation, maybe things will be better.

The post about him being the "snake in the grass", in as about the accurate thing I have seen on HB in a long time….. in reference to his relationship with the former football coaches and program.

• Fire 1

Sorry I missed this "methodical", because I would have agreed with this post rather than typing my response above. One day, everyone who thinks that some of us that have been saying this all along will understand that this is HOW things really shook out.