SIGNED - OG Jalin Barnett

Mavric

Saw a tweet about some rumor... A guy was tweeting an OU recruiting site asking if they were still aggressively pursuing him...

After following Nebraska's recruiting for a while, I have come to find this question kind of funny. Maybe I am missing something, but when was the last time that Nebraska stopped "actively pursuing" an elite (meaning highly rated) recruit who had us in their top 2 or 3. I would be surprised if they were not actively pursuing. That being said, Oklahoma does have 5 OL recruits and maybe Nebraska just hasn't been in a position where they could not take another elite prospect at a particular position since I began following. I am sure you guys will remember situations and slam me for this, so please enlighten me! haha :cowbell:

Saw a tweet about some rumor... A guy was tweeting an OU recruiting site asking if they were still aggressively pursuing him...

After following Nebraska's recruiting for a while, I have come to find this question kind of funny. Maybe I am missing something, but when was the last time that Nebraska stopped "actively pursuing" an elite (meaning highly rated) recruit who had us in their top 2 or 3. I would be surprised if they were not actively pursuing. That being said, Oklahoma does have 5 OL recruits and maybe Nebraska just hasn't been in a position where they could not take another elite prospect at a particular position since I began following. I am sure you guys will remember situations and slam me for this, so please enlighten me! haha :cowbell:

Callahan made a comment on the radio this morning that the coaches at Lawton, many of which have been around since the Shields/Minter days, have always let Nebraska know when they had top level talent. The coaches indicated that they had felt like there had been a lack of interest in players from Oklahoma in general.

Callahan said the last player we took on Scholly from Oklahoma was Dillard's brother.

A little different situation since it's quarterback, but we stopped pursuing Mark Sanchez when Harrison Beck committed.

Callahan made a comment on the radio this morning that the coaches at Lawton, many of which have been around since the Shields/Minter days, have always let Nebraska know when they had top level talent. The coaches indicated that they had felt like there had been a lack of interest in players from Oklahoma in general.

Callahan said the last player we took on Scholly from Oklahoma was Dillard's brother.

Dillard was in 2005, but the last OK recruit we got was Chris Roark in 2006. Still, your point is highlighted by the fact that we have not had an Oklahoma recruit commit since before Bo became HC. There is the theory getting floated that Bo had a gentleman's agreement with Bob Stoops to not heavily recruit in that state (nothing substantial to back that up with really, just speculation as of right now). I would also throw out the fact that from 2009-11, we signed 18 recruits (7 :star :star :star :star) from Texas, and 2012-14, 9 Texas kids (1 :star :star :star :star). With that in mind, the drop in OK may be a result, in part, of the move to the B1G.

We have offered four 2015 recruiting from Oklahoma this past year (none are slouches).

OL Josh Wariboko Oklahoma City, OklahomaCasady 6'3" 314 N/A 4 stars 5.9 5 list

OL Jalin Barnett Lawton, OklahomaLawton 6'3" 303 N/A 4 stars 5.9 7 list
DB Will Sunderland Midwest City, OklahomaMidwest City 6'2" 186 N/A 4 stars 5.9 10 Oklahoma

DB Justin Martin Miami, OklahomaNortheastern Oklahoma A&M J.C. 6'2" 192 N/A 4 stars 5.8 N/A list

Dillard was in 2005, but the last OK recruit we got was Chris Roark in 2006. Still, your point is highlighted by the fact that we have not had an Oklahoma recruit commit since before Bo became HC. There is the theory getting floated that Bo had a gentleman's agreement with Bob Stoops to not heavily recruit in that state (nothing substantial to back that up with really, just speculation as of right now). I would also throw out the fact that from 2009-11, we signed 18 recruits (7 :star :star :star :star) from Texas, and 2012-14, 9 Texas kids (1 :star :star :star :star). With that in mind, the drop in OK may be a result, in part, of the move to the B1G.

We have offered four 2015 recruiting from Oklahoma this past year (none are slouches).

DB Will Sunderland Midwest City, OklahomaMidwest City 6'2" 186 N/A 4 stars 5.9 10 Oklahoma

DB Justin Martin Miami, OklahomaNortheastern Oklahoma A&M J.C. 6'2" 192 N/A 4 stars 5.8 N/A list

And what did Bo receive in return, Stoops wouldnt recruit Nebraska kids? If this is true, Bo is an idiot. I dont think he would be that stupid, but who knows.

And what did Bo receive in return, Stoops wouldnt recruit Nebraska kids? If this is true, Bo is an idiot. I dont think he would be that stupid, but who knows.
Like I said, this is an unfounded rumor at the moment. Here's a tin-foiled hat moment for you though, Oklahoma just offered Daishon Neal, now that Bo is gone. It's a conspiracy, man. :lol:

Tom Lemming (@LemmingReport) tweeted at 7:05 AM on Wed, Dec 17, 2014:

OL named first team CBS Sports Network All American were Martez Ivey, Mitch Hyatt, Tristen Hoge, Tyler Carr, Drew Richmond,Maea Teuhema

(https://twitter.com/LemmingReport/status/545203112185958400?s=03)

Tom Lemming (@LemmingReport) tweeted at 7:06 AM on Wed, Dec 17, 2014:

Jalin Barnett and Chuma Edoga.

• 2 weeks later...