If "ex" coaches are negative about the school...

teachercd

Look, anyone who gets fired from a job can go say whatever they want. It might not be what I would do. But, some people are just like that. You can't control it and if people really think about it, it speaks more to the quality of character of the person doing it than anything about the program.

If you don't like it and don't want it to happen, be very careful when and how often you fire coaches. This along with everything related to the program takes a step back during a transition. Now, you hope that the new guy coming in propels the program higher than it was before the firing but there are no guarantees of that. If you constantly are firing a coach, there is constantly turmoil in the program, people leaving and bad mouthing the program and it never has a chance to gain momentum.

Michigan is starting to learn this.

"I always maintain a strong contact with all the guys I recruit" - Vince Marrow chuckleshuffle

Seriously though you cannot expect guys to 'put on the happy face" after having your whole life get blindsided. You suddenly get to find a new job, find a new house, maybe spouse has to find new job, kids get pulled from school, oh and walk around work with a smile and resisting the urge to let your feelings show. There's being "professional" and being robotic.

"I always maintain a strong contact with all the guys I recruit" - Vince Marrow chuckleshuffle

Seriously though you cannot expect guys to 'put on the happy face" after having your whole life get blindsided. You suddenly get to find a new job, find a new house, maybe spouse has to find new job, kids get pulled from school, oh and walk around work with a smile and resisting the urge to let your feelings show. There's being "professional" and being robotic.

except for Bo, no one truly got fired, they were just replaced by a whole new regime brought in by the new coach....who has a new philosophy.

Its one thing to say you are not happy you were let go. It is another thing to cause problems for the incoming staff. With money being owed to Bo, as Knapplc said, it is doubtful he will attack the program. But he has a history of it. We will see how it goes. But we do not have a friend in Bo. This was a stepping stone for him, and he told us exactly how he felt about us, I believe it was recorded. If he can harm this program and get away with it, I would bet about anything he would do it. Snakes slither away quickly without a sound normally. Seems to fit the bill.

• Fire 2

Its one thing to say you are not happy you were let go. It is another thing to cause problems for the incoming staff. With money being owed to Bo, as Knapplc said, it is doubtful he will attack the program. But he has a history of it. We will see how it goes. But we do not have a friend in Bo. This was a stepping stone for him, and he told us exactly how he felt about us, I believe it was recorded. If he can harm this program and get away with it, I would bet about anything he would do it. Snakes slither away quickly without a sound normally. Seems to fit the bill.

Why would you think he hated all Nebraska fans- that conversation you refer to was "specific" to the Ahole fans who left the stadium verses Ohio State- everything Bo said in that context was true, and not unreasonable, given the fact that he specifically called them out- and those so called fans are the exact ones that are butt-hurt because Bo hates them- as for this job being a stepping stone for Bo, we'll never know that answer , the ahole fans and Perlman got their pitchforks out and made sure it would have to be a stepping stone. Yeah snakes support the likes of team Jack and make sure the kids are doing well in school, so if Bo is a snake that must mean snakes are honorable reptiles- which is more than I could say for some Nebraska fans

• Fire 1

Why would you think he hated all Nebraska fans- that conversation you refer to was "specific" to the Ahole fans who left the stadium verses Ohio State- everything Bo said in that context was true, and not unreasonable, given the fact that he specifically called them out- and those so called fans are the exact ones that are butt-hurt because Bo hates them- as for this job being a stepping stone for Bo, we'll never know that answer , the ahole fans and Perlman got their pitchforks out and made sure it would have to be a stepping stone. Yeah snakes support the likes of team Jack and make sure the kids are doing well in school, so if Bo is a snake that must mean snakes are honorable reptiles- which is more than I could say for some Nebraska fans

Get real. The fans who left might have been what set him off, but it was pretty clear that he was talking about the fan base as a whole. Pretty sure he wasn't saying that the 12 or so people who left the game were going to regret it when he left for another job.

Also, the Team Jack stuff is such bullsh#t. Right when it happened, the press widely reported that it was Rex and a few other players who came up with the idea. Then somehow the whole thing became "Bo's idea." No way. I suppose he gets credit for having the good sense not to shoot it down, but there's 0% chance it was his idea. Guaranteed.

• Fire 4

All Bo did regarding Team Jack was approve of the idea. Players had the spring game idea etc. Bo just allowed it to happen. You can bet his agent was all for it too considering the PR nightmare that is Bo in General.

Regarding this being a stepping stone gig for Bo. It was widely reported that he sniffed around practically every offseason after 2011. Bo viewed this place and it's people a hassle in every way.

• Fire 2

C'mon, Bo did not hate Nebraska or Nebraskans. He found it difficult to operate under the heat, but he seemed to be getting much more comfortable.

His first exit was notably not classy, and I guess who knows on this one. It seemed like by the end, though, Bo was pretty resigned to a parting of ways.

I'm sure there's a part of him that burns with the "We'll see what you can do when I'm gone" thought, but who could blame him for that.

Get real. The fans who left might have been what set him off, but it was pretty clear that he was talking about the fan base as a whole. Pretty sure he wasn't saying that the 12 or so people who left the game were going to regret it when he left for another job.

Also, the Team Jack stuff is such bullsh#t. Right when it happened, the press widely reported that it was Rex and a few other players who came up with the idea. Then somehow the whole thing became "Bo's idea." No way. I suppose he gets credit for having the good sense not to shoot it down, but there's 0% chance it was his idea. Guaranteed.

it wasn't clear, or to use my word "pellucid" and you have no proof of either of your points- again, we differ in opinions so do not state 0% when you have no real idea that is correct- and yes I can see why Bo despised fans that had these opinions

Sounds like someone bought in to the us vs them propaganda from Bo.

As for team Jack, the brainchild behind that was Rex Burkhead.

• Fire 1

Seriously...You guys are going to drag Jack Hoffman's situation into this to justify your hatred for a football coach? We all need to think Bo faked caring for a sick kid in the name of getting good PR from a bunch of fans he supposedly hated? This self-glossed "greatest fans in college football" thing needs to be reassessed. :bs:

Seriously...You guys are going to drag Jack Hoffman's situation into this to justify your hatred for a football coach? We all need to think Bo faked caring for a sick kid in the name of getting good PR from a bunch of fans he supposedly hated? This self-glossed "greatest fans in college football" thing needs to be reassessed. :bs:

I agree, there are several here completely disparaging a coaches success before he even coaches a down.