If "ex" coaches are negative about the school...

teachercd

Okay...back to me sweet topic...

Just like every coach that gets hired at a new school always says "It is an honor to be at school X...the greatest school ever" (BS)

I think it is totally okay for them, afterwards when they get canned to do some badmouthing...I think it is normal...I think it is human.

As someone who hires and fires people, have done previous employer calls and asked people how they liked their previous job, I recommend you do not do what teach is saying.

• Fire 2

Just like every coach that gets hired at a new school always says "It is an honor to be at school X...the greatest school ever" (BS)

I think it is totally okay for them, afterwards when they get canned to do some badmouthing...I think it is normal...I think it is human.

...uh...Bo, is that you? :sarcasm

As someone who hires and fires people, have done previous employer calls and asked people how they liked their previous job, I recommend you do not do what teach is saying.

Why would you bad mouth your former job during an interview?

Why would you bad mouth your former job during an interview?

If you do that it's 100% ok as in it's legal, but it's not -ok-

"I always maintain a strong contact with all the guys I recruit" - Vince Marrow chuckleshuffle

Seriously though you cannot expect guys to 'put on the happy face" after having your whole life get blindsided. You suddenly get to find a new job, find a new house, maybe spouse has to find new job, kids get pulled from school, oh and walk around work with a smile and resisting the urge to let your feelings show. There's being "professional" and being robotic.

except for Bo, no one truly got fired, they were just replaced by a whole new regime brought in by the new coach....who has a new philosophy.

Mr Kaz: "Honey, I got "replaced" today.

Mrs. Kaz: "Oh good, for a moment I thought you got fired"

Um.....not! Replaced = Fired

From the reported actions of Coach Kaz, she pretty much knew as soon as he did. Very little question IMHO. lol

They are still interviewing for a job, and I think they get paid through their contracted time. Not quite like getting fired with two weeks severance pay. They make very good money when working. Not much sympathy on my part for any of them, be it at Nebraska or any power 5 program.

Feel sorry for the kids, changing schools, leaving friends. But being military I saw it every single day with staff NCO's and field grade Officers.

They will land on their feet is my guess.

Stop thinking of coaching like your job. Its not. Coaches know going in that sooner or later, there will be a job change, a head coach will leave or get fired, it goes with the territory, and any coach will admit as such. Badmouthing the school in any capacity though is a bad idea. That kinda thing gets around, and shows a serious lack of professionalism. And can impact getting another job in the future, particularly if you are not elite at your job.

From the reported actions of Coach Kaz, she pretty much knew as soon as he did. Very little question IMHO. lol

They are still interviewing for a job, and I think they get paid through their contracted time. Not quite like getting fired with two weeks severance pay. They make very good money when working. Not much sympathy on my part for any of them, be it at Nebraska or any power 5 program.

Feel sorry for the kids, changing schools, leaving friends. But being military I saw it every single day with staff NCO's and field grade Officers.

They will land on their feet is my guess.

What did coach Kaz do?

Just what I read on this site, he turned loose, a F laced tirade at a restaurant Sunday morning when told Bo had been fired. His wife and family was with him. As I recall it was not pointed at the University, but more of he had screwed up by staying instead of going to the NFL.

My comment was more in jest about his wife not knowing.

• Fire 1

Just what I read on this site, he turned loose, a F laced tirade at a restaurant Sunday morning when told Bo had been fired. His wife and family was with him. As I recall it was not pointed at the University, but more of he had screwed up by staying instead of going to the NFL.

My comment was more in jest about his wife not knowing.

Thanks. I read something about Kaz and V.I. but didn't see anything more specific.