Will Bo take his buddy Tim Beck with him to Youngstown State?

Beck is busy being speculated to Ohio St.

Mike Schaefer@mikejschaefer 19m

Could Tim Beck's name surface at Ohio State? More here (VIP): http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/Replacing-Herman-Hot-Board-33885155

Tim Beck, Nebraska offensive coordinator -- Beck comes from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney, the same high school as former Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini. He would be available with Pelini’s recent ouster at Nebraska. He worked previously at Kansas, where he would have worked alongside Warinner for at least one year. He has experience in the spread-option offense. He helped groom Taylor Martinez before injuries shortened his career.

he'll have a hard time going from 700k to 125k - dn't see it happening. if it does, that's pretty telling about the abilities of our prior staff.

i would not be surprised to see beck go somewhere and do well. i think the one constant on the staff was the major problem. (and i'm not referencing brown).

• Fire 1

Beck is a pretty good coach. I think tOSU could do a lot worse. He would also be an active recruiting asset.

The only reasons I don't want him to continue at Nebraska -- 1) he's too entrenched with the previous staff, and we need a sea change, especially in voice, and 2) we're probably moving in a different direction on offense.

Well yeah Zoogs, the bridges here are already burned. It became unfixably toxic. It's why I think Warren and Ron Brown are the only logical choices for retainment. With Warren you get a degree of continuity through the transition, yet with minimal ties to the previous staff. The best of both worlds. Not to mention his immediate impact he's made in recruiting the SE region of the country. And, for the love of god, we need to establish some sort of continuity in the secondary. He's the 4th different coach back there in the span of 5 seasons. Think about that. Makes Warren an obvious choice. And then of course Ron Brown for obvious choices that everyone already knows.

• Fire 2

My main gripe with Beck is how whiny he was about the media. Whether he and Bo had a point or not (and I think they did), they handled it poorly relative to their positions. p.s. - I'm in the same boat as most of you as to speculation on his going along with Bo. The guy's name was being tossed around for at least one head coaching position in the FBS ranks and this would be a huge salary downgrade besides.