Tim Beck's comments

Sker4Ever

So he says it's hard to recruit to Nebraska because of location and he gets ripped on this board. Mike Reilly talks about how hard it is to recruit because of location and he's seen as a man that did more with less. I know Nebraska is better than OSU, but the Location thing is the same deal..

So he says it's hard to recruit to Nebraska because of location and he gets ripped on this board. Mike Reilly talks about how hard it is to recruit because of location and he's seen as a man that did more with less. I know Nebraska is better than OSU, but the Location thing is the same deal..

That is a solid point.

The difference is context and timing and purpose for the comments. Sure it's easier to recruit if your school is smack dab in the middle of a recruiting hotbed. Nobody will dispute that or attack it, when it is properly presented. But, offered as it was by Beck, it seemed like another in a long list of sniveling excuses. Nebraska is not the only place that has challenges. The past staff seemed to think the challenges we do have relieved them of any duty to take responsibility for dealing with those challenges. So glad their can't do it, defeatist, but it's good enough attitude is leaving.

How often has Riley said it is tough and hard to recruit to NU? He hasn't, how often has Tim Miles said how terrible it is to recruit to NU? He hasn't. Some people know how to sell a product and vision and others do not. Bo and the village idiots always focused on excuses. All Riley Has done is bust his ass and get this recruiting class moving. Riley gets it in a way Bo never did

• Fire 3

Watch him come out and run "his offense" against usc and put up 50 lol

That's what I was thinking and leaving us to wonder, what if?

No... its the perfect win-win for him. offense scores 50... its finally "his offense" for future coaching jobs...

they lay an egg... its the admin's fault for causing the chaos around the program.

This whole "it's so tough to win here" has gotten so pervasive as to be a poison. You think not being Florida ever stops or even crosses the minds of the team up at Minnesota or Northwestern?

Or Oregon State?

No...but those teams also don't win crap.

Hmmm MN and NW beat us with regularity.

Again...they don't win crap...Minny is 8-4 (I think? Not really what NU is trying to be)

Has Northwestern beaten the Skers, once or twice? I really don't remember. And they also suck.

This whole "it's so tough to win here" has gotten so pervasive as to be a poison. You think not being Florida ever stops or even crosses the minds of the team up at Minnesota or Northwestern?

Or Oregon State?

No...but those teams also don't win crap.

Hmmm MN and NW beat us with regularity.

NW is 1-3 against us since joining the B1G

MN is 2-2

Nebraska's offense this year averaged 446 yards and 37.4 points a game.

In Tom Osborne's 7th season at Nebraska they averaged 445 yards and 31.7 points a game.

Fun fact: that 1979 Nebraska defense gave up 225 yards and 10.9 points a game.

The 2014 Nebraska defense gave up 372 yards and 24.8 points a game.

If you really want to get back to Nebraska football, you'll realize that Tim Beck wasn't the problem.

• Fire 1