OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Lol the man is gone and guys on this message board think trying to convince people online that Bo is a psychopath will somehow mean something.

bo is not gone. his effect continues. this hurts the program.

and bo has provided ample evidence with his behavior. you do not have to believe it, but i do not know how you could not.

and people still talk about nixon.

• Fire 1

Right or wrong, i am concerned if we have a leader who only saw a guy he just fired 7-8 times for 20 minutes all year. I have seen my boss for more than 20 minutes today alone.

How many employees does your boss have? Did your boss hire you?

and can anyone blame eichorst for avoiding bo? bo hated him from the first time he met him. so, maybe, once again, bo should have taken some responsibility on the chilly relationship.

Disagree here. A boss avoiding his employees?

Seems like a cowardly move. I dont care what Bo thinks of me, i call him in to my office and I check in on him.

Can a relationship be fixed by just ignoring him?

I get Bo is a tough guy to deal with, but he strikes me as a"respect guy". You earn his respect by making it clear where you stand. If he doesnt like it, then he can leave, but at least he makes it clear to Bo what is expected of him.

maybe bo should have worked harder to earn his boss' respect. whose respect has bo earned?

His players and his fellow coaches.

Again. I am not here to defend Bo. I agree with him being let go.

My point is that if a new boss comes in, he does have to earn his stripes a bit and show to his employees he can handle the situation. At the end of the day, if they dont like or respect him, then he can let them go.. but any new place, it is about proving yourself.

I dont care if you are the HC, the AD or the Chancellor, you still need to prove that you are able to handle your job so that the people under you can trust there leader.

On the other side of the coin, yes, maybe Bo could have tried to reach out to SE. IT goes both ways and it seems like neither guy was interested in creating a relationship with the other.

• Fire 1

It's kinda funny that Bo disparages the fans, and we let it slide. Now this tape comes out, and people are angry? It should have been obvious to most what Bo already thought of this entire University. We were a paycheck to him. Nothing more, nothing less.

But a few things directly from this tape ..

The Wisconsin game this year was the fans and medias fault? Yes, it was our fault that Wisconsin pulled a total of about 5 plays from their playbook - and ran them over, and over, and over, and over, daring you to do something different. In Bo's foolish pride, he refused to adjust his defense, and got embarrassed.

Bo was all about Bo in this entire rant. Very little did he speak about anyone but himself and how bad he had it. Victim mentality.

Bo hated TO's management style. He thought TO micro-managed him while he was here. Now he whines that Eichorst stays out of his way? Which does he want? You can be sure it wouldn't matter to Bo - he would whine and point fingers, because that's who he is and has been - a victim.

Bo instills it in these kids that no one else cares for them but him. The media, the fans, the AD. It's legitimately like a beaten wife syndrome - "NO ONE ELSE WILL CARE FOR YOU LIKE I DO!"

I'm just somewhat glad that Husker fans are getting a small glimpse into the type of man that Bo Pelini truly is, and has been in his time here, finally.

• Fire 7

Eichorst needs to hear, and I mean really hear, what Pelini is saying, because Pelini is right. You can't lead from under a rock. You can't be the boss of an organization and not consistently sit down and meet with your managers, or in this case coaches, and expect things to go well. I think Eichorst needs to better foster and develop a relationship with Riley as well as the other coaches, whether he hired them or not.

I wouldn't get too caught up in Pelini's attempts to turn the players against the administration. Nice little parting gift there. Bo wants his AD to be in locker rooms?

The AD should develop a good relationship with his coaches, though. But that goes both ways. You want to have long night family dinners and discussions on football, NU, and life at your boss's home -- like Riley has already done? -- well, maybe you need to take a look in the mirror as to why that's not happening, Bo.

I agree with you. I'm just pointing out what Bo said himself - even if you don't like one of your coaches, I think it's still an AD's job to communicate and not intentionally distance themselves. I've heard reports that Riley stayed at Eichorst's house even recently, perhaps when he came to meet with the players? I didn't expect Pelini and SE to bunk over, but, It's tough to do a good job when your boss isn't supporting you or trying to have honest discussions with you.

I'm all for differing personalities and management styles. If Pelini had won more here, his attitude and sideline behavior wouldn't have been an issue. Because he never won much of substance, it became an issue.

Still disappointed Bo went the direction he went with this. I think political correctness and saying the right things all the time can sometimes go too far, but, Pelini still has to be better than what he may have been in this last meeting with the players. First the audio tape and now this. Not wise from someone who wants to head a football program, even if he felt disrespected.

• Fire 2

It's kinda funny that Bo disparages the fans, and we let it slide. Now this tape comes out, and people are angry? It should have been obvious to most what Bo already thought of this entire University. We were a paycheck to him. Nothing more, nothing less.

But a few things directly from this tape ..

The Wisconsin game this year was the fans and medias fault? Yes, it was our fault that Wisconsin pulled a total of about 5 plays from their playbook - and ran them over, and over, and over, and over, daring you to do something different. In Bo's foolish pride, he refused to adjust his defense, and got embarrassed.

Bo was all about Bo in this entire rant. Very little did he speak about anyone but himself and how bad he had it. Victim mentality.

Bo hated TO's management style. He thought TO micro-managed him while he was here. Now he whines that Eichorst stays out of his way? Which does he want? You can be sure it wouldn't matter to Bo - he would whine and point fingers, because that's who he is and has been - a victim.

Bo instills it in these kids that no one else cares for them but him. The media, the fans, the AD. It's legitimately like a beaten wife syndrome - "NO ONE ELSE WILL CARE FOR YOU LIKE I DO!"

I'm just somewhat glad that Husker fans are getting a small glimpse into the type of man that Bo Pelini truly is, and has been in his time here, finally.

I seriously feel bad for his family. If this is the way he is in public, how does he treat his family?

Right or wrong, i am concerned if we have a leader who only saw a guy he just fired 7-8 times for 20 minutes all year. I have seen my boss for more than 20 minutes today alone.

How many employees does your boss have? Did your boss hire you?

and can anyone blame eichorst for avoiding bo? bo hated him from the first time he met him. so, maybe, once again, bo should have taken some responsibility on the chilly relationship.

Disagree here. A boss avoiding his employees?

Seems like a cowardly move. I dont care what Bo thinks of me, i call him in to my office and I check in on him.

Can a relationship be fixed by just ignoring him?

I get Bo is a tough guy to deal with, but he strikes me as a"respect guy". You earn his respect by making it clear where you stand. If he doesnt like it, then he can leave, but at least he makes it clear to Bo what is expected of him.

maybe bo should have worked harder to earn his boss' respect. whose respect has bo earned?

His players and his fellow coaches.

Again. I am not here to defend Bo. I agree with him being let go.

My point is that if a new boss comes in, he does have to earn his stripes a bit and show to his employees he can handle the situation. At the end of the day, if they dont like or respect him, then he can let them go.. but any new place, it is about proving yourself.

I dont care if you are the HC, the AD or the Chancellor, you still need to prove that you are able to handle your job so that the people under you can trust there leader.

On the other side of the coin, yes, maybe Bo could have tried to reach out to SE. IT goes both ways and it seems like neither guy was interested in creating a relationship with the other.

you respect the man or woman that pays you. if you don't, that's on you. go somewhere else. bo was entitled a paycheck. nothing else.

• Fire 1

If Miles is having problems or Riley has problems with the AD in the future then Eichorst is a problem. Right now the person saying it is a crazy man.

A man crazy enough to believe the pitiful play in the Wisconsin game was due to external negativity. Not his poor coaching which has been ripped apart by the same team 3 times.

Agree if there was such a problem with the way ADSE has run the Department, why hasn't Miles mentioned anything, or Yori, or Cook, or any of the other coaches. For all of the smoke and fire that Bo talked about, we sure haven't seen any of that smoke from any of the other sports.

• Fire 5