OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

This man is a complete embarrassment. I speaks volumes about his "character" that he would use the last moments with his team as forum for an explative-laced sermon about how he was screwed over by the administration. Keep blaming your shortcomings on everyone else, Bo.

And this validates our fears about all the David Koreshian "We see the light now, Dear Leader" tweets from some of the players after the meeting. Honestly, any players who buy into Bo's crap can find another team to play for. I'd rather Nebraska go 0-12 than harbor any sniveling man-children who are mentally weak and get through life by blaming others for their misfortunes.

• Fire 4

Tape 1: Goes on a crazy, cuss-filled rant about the fans and about NE kissing his butt on the way out with Tom Osborne as AD.

Tape 2: Attacks the new AD, Sean Eichorst. Talks about pressure of the fan base once again in his message to the players. Once again, uses expletives to display his displeasure with his sitatuation, just like the first tape....

I've had enough of the Pelini Era and he is NOT the man to lead Nebraska to national prominece. Hell, he showed great displeasure when Tom was AD....think about that....Harvey Perlman may be adding to his displeasure, but at the end of the day, Pelinis issues stem directly from him. The man has some issues and problems regardless of Pearlman...he needs to point the thumb and not the finger. A walking contradiction...

Good-bye Mark....

• Fire 1

"I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

My new signature.

What is funny about this comment to me (and this is 100% something i just heard from a friend and don't necessarily believe it to be real) but a friend of mine claimed he saw Pelini at McDonalds berating a Mcdonald's employee in much the same way he berates officials over messing up his order, supposedly saying stuff like "this is why you work here."

It is funny - in the midst of this childish rant...he goes all PC when it comes to McDonalds. Calling your boss a female *expletive (twice) is cool - but don't upset the good folks at Mickey D's.

• Fire 1

I guess if I was a symphaletic person, I would say that in Bo's mind we damaged him by firing a guy who won 9 games a year, and in some ways the University throw the players under the bus for saying that 9 wins were unacceptable if you don't beat teams that matter.

I am not that person, but I do think the way in which things were handled all together was not the best way to do so.

Did or has someone been trying to sabotage Pelini now for a couple of years with these hidden tapes? Yes. They have finally succeeded, but the damage done to the Big Red Nation is close to being sabotaged along with this kind of stuff. Even though I think the actions of Pelini are childish, and don't agree with what he has done, I also understand he was obviously hurt by being fired for not winning games that mattered......of which now sounds so stupid. Emotions are what they are..........Bo has moved on, so why in the world would this come out now..............Players haven't ever mentioned alot of this, so why is this being released now...........in some ways this is unprofessional journalism, in other ways the Big Red nation is entitled to know this and how Bo actually feels about his legacy here.

this hurts the program.

I agree, and that is why I'm surprised it came out. When the first tape was released, you can understand why. Releasing this tape and this time is confusing. It does nothing but hurt the University. This exposure certainly can't help Riley's recruiting efforts. The team doesn't need this 10 days before playing in their bowl game. Even if YSU was to back out of their HC choice, it would only hurt UNL even more financially.

How does this hurt the University? I get that it is bad publicity and makes things seem like a total clusterf#@k around the program but, this is about the total and complete classlessness of one man, Bo Pelini, not the University. Anybody that puts any stock in what Bo Pelini says at this point in time is not a smart person. His comments about SE should be given the same weight as his comments about everything else and that means anything he says is basically worthless and likely wrong.

Samuel McKewon @swmckewonOWH

I again want to point everyone to the OWH transcript of the Pelini meeting. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/bo-pelini-transcript-a-d-shawn-eichorst-doesn-t-even/article_4f3583d6-8637-11e4-b708-3fa46a3a8147.html

There are transcripts out there that have Pelini going to the regents and asking them to fire Eichorst. That's not accurate.

What Pelini says is "then do me a favor and get rid of me."

$ Byrne left because he didn't want to be the AD to fire Solich. Considering some of the rumors of the past with regards to TO and Bo, I've got a feeling Eichorst was brought in to be the hatchet man. It should have happened a year ago, but if what one former player said is true it's also understandable why he wasn't fired a year ago. It's fairly obvious Perlman didn't have the best of thoughts with regard to Bo. Eichorst has his guy now. Hopefully, things turn out better for Eichorst and his guy than they did with Pud and his guy. Riley could coach circles around Clownahan, so there is hope.

this hurts the program.

I agree, and that is why I'm surprised it came out. When the first tape was released, you can understand why. Releasing this tape and this time is confusing. It does nothing but hurt the University. This exposure certainly can't help Riley's recruiting efforts. The team doesn't need this 10 days before playing in their bowl game. Even if YSU was to back out of their HC choice, it would only hurt UNL even more financially.

How does this hurt the University? I get that it is bad publicity and makes things seem like a total clusterf#@k around the program but, this is about the total and complete classlessness of one man, Bo Pelini, not the University. Anybody that puts any stock in what Bo Pelini says at this point in time is not a smart person. His comments about SE should be given the same weight as his comments about everything else and that means anything he says is basically worthless and likely wrong.

Seems to me that this recording supports the justification for firing a 9-win coach. I mean, wouldn't anyone around the nation listen to his remarks to the team and say, "Yeah, I guess Pelini really was a douchebag after all. Nebraska did well to get rid of the guy."

• Fire 1

One other disappointing thing I forgot to mention is the fact Bo attempted to oust Eichorst by going to the BoR. Again, it's another example of how messed up the Regents had become under Pelini.

Per Sam McKewon, this is not accurate. The Deadspin transcript said one thing, the OWH transcript said another. Given that the OWH actually had a tape, listened to it, and are making this point, I would go with them.

It is very interesting, though, the idea that Bo wishes Shawn had been more involved in his life. Maybe told him what to do a little more. Yeah, I can see how that would have gone over so well with Bo.

What staggers me is that Bo could have so easily taken the high road. Not just because it's the class thing to do. Want to make the university look bad? Be a saint. Exit the right way. Let your players be the guys about whom people will say, "The next coach just won with Bo's recruits" by giving them the best possible messages. Be above any possible reproach. But goodness. He can't help himself.

Alright, I also don't like the comments on how he acts towards his wife and kids. That's how rumors and such start, and, as much as I am disgusted with Bo, we should not allow that to occur.

All that I can tell is Bo is basically like a kid. He may generally have a good heart, we see that with his work with Team Jack, and other such things.

But he's immature, and sees everyone else as the problem. Now, he clearly cares about his players. He's fiercely loyal, to a fault. When someone's loyal to a fault, that's when you see the problems.