OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Eichorst will be a lot more visible to everyone now that Riley is here. For one, I think he was avoiding Pelini until he could fire him. Secondly, Riley will demand that Eichorst is more involved.

Eichorst and Bo clearly had different personalities. SE could have been around Bo and the program more, but Bo could have seen that as "micromanaging" by a non-coach.

Eichorst and Riley have similar personalities, so that relationship will undoubtedly be better.

Eichorst will be a lot more visible to everyone now that Riley is here. For one, I think he was avoiding Pelini until he could fire him. Secondly, Riley will demand that Eichorst is more involved.

Why should he? Why should the AD micromanage the teams? That's what the coaches are for.

yeah. and why is bo so needy that he needs the reassurance of the ad? just coach the f'ing games and win. jesus, get over yourself.

Man, that was childish. That is really all I can say. I am not sure that SE has the best way of handling the situation, but that is just being a child throwing a pity party tantrum.

The big problem is that those kids aren't mature enough to necessarily see how childish and immature he is being when he says all those things.

The upside to this is that most of them will forget about the situation and move on as soon as they get a chance to work with their new coaches.

• Fire 1

The AD's job is not the coddle the team and be their friend. It's to basically be the CEO of the entire athletics dep't. Hell, I didn't even think it was a thing that ADs did meet with players often. I assumed it was a kind of detached position, where you just oversee everything.

Could Eichorst maybe be a little more public in his work? Yeah. But, that's a very minor criticism to blow up over like Bo did.

• Fire 3

Here's what is laughable and unbelievable about Bo. He expects others to do what he doesn't do himself.

He expects his players to act like men and respect him and everyone else. Meanwhile, he doesn't respect anyone.

He expects his boss (AD) to be out in public and "lead" the team and everyone by being accessible to people. Meanwhile, he despises the press and the fans and really had no desire to be out in public representing the team and program.

This is a perfect example to everyone how how some people's minds work. HE is perfect and everyone else is trash.

• Fire 5

Most disappointing part about this is that most of the reason I supported him was that I thought he was genuinely a nice guy with a temper... Said some pretty unforgiving things.

Agreed. I want to think he's a good dude generally, I mean, we've seen good aspects of him, but, man...
No we haven't. We've seen a selfish narcissist a-hole willing to use anyone, including a sick kid to further his image.
Thats f'ing bullsh#t!! I dont give two sh#ts what you think of the guy but to say he was using sick kids to make himself look better proves how delusional you and your whole vendetta were this whole time. Done.
  • Fire 9

The AD's job is not the coddle the team and be their friend. It's to basically be the CEO of the entire athletics dep't. Hell, I didn't even think it was a thing that ADs did meet with players often. I assumed it was a kind of detached position, where you just oversee everything.

I've said it a few times now. Osborne spoiled them. And apparently he spoiled Bo too. Osborne wasn't your normal AD. He probably loved being able to hang out with football players again. That was his job for 25 years. I find it unlikely that's what a normal AD does.

So Bo says something along the lines of "I knew Eichorst was a p---y when I met him" (read: he knew he was Harvey's guy) and you don't think that came thru to SE? So was SE supposed to pander to Bo's special needs when Bo never gave him a chance? He paints the picture that Eichorst wasn't involved but I can hardly imagine that Bo was ever very receptive to having him around. There's also the part about how he was pressing the administration after the Iowa game last year that just isn't true. They were going to fire him until TO stepped in and vetoed it. He should have been fired then and he probably should have been fired after the 2012 Wisconsin disaster.

• Fire 1

Could Eichorst maybe be a little more public in his work? Yeah. But, that's a very minor criticism to blow up over like Bo did.

I agree on your thoughts re: the AD's job. However, I could see how it's a big change going from TO, who was much more "hands-on", to Eichorst. I am not saying which way of doing the job is the best. Bo is more of an "old-school guy", so I am sure he got along very well with the way TO did things.

Obviously what Bo said and how he felt the need to say it speaks loads about Bo and his butt-hurt ways.

I actually like Bo as a man, and dont think his intent was to try and burn the university down.. I think it was to tell the players what he actually thought and why things happened the way they did. He thinks the University of Nebraska with Shawn Eichhorst in command is a burning ship and is worried for his players.

The main problem is that the players only deal with the coaches, and therefore what Eichhorst does or who he is really doesnt affect them in the short run.

This all being said, I have major concerns with SE. He strikes me as the type of boss many people dislike. A yes-man who will lie to your face because he is to Chicken-S to tell you the truth.

Right or wrong, i am concerned if we have a leader who only saw a guy he just fired 7-8 times for 20 minutes all year. I have seen my boss for more than 20 minutes today alone.

Bo was a problem... I get he had to go and dont have an issue with him being fired. He didnt win the games that mattered... was time to move on.

But that being said, he brings light to a serious problem of who is now in charge.

• Fire 3