OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Eichorst will be a lot more visible to everyone now that Riley is here. For one, I think he was avoiding Pelini until he could fire him. Secondly, Riley will demand that Eichorst is more involved.

Eichorst and Bo clearly had different personalities. SE could have been around Bo and the program more, but Bo could have seen that as "micromanaging" by a non-coach.

Eichorst and Riley have similar personalities, so that relationship will undoubtedly be better.

Exactly, all of the above

Eichorst will be a lot more visible to everyone now that Riley is here. For one, I think he was avoiding Pelini until he could fire him. Secondly, Riley will demand that Eichorst is more involved.

Why should he? Why should the AD micromanage the teams? That's what the coaches are for.

I'm not saying that he should micromanage anything and agree with you in that respect. Solidarity between Eichorst and Riley is important and will do a lot to heal the locker room.

Right or wrong, i am concerned if we have a leader who only saw a guy he just fired 7-8 times for 20 minutes all year. I have seen my boss for more than 20 minutes today alone.

How many employees does your boss have? Did your boss hire you?

and can anyone blame eichorst for avoiding bo? bo hated him from the first time he met him. so, maybe, once again, bo should have taken some responsibility on the chilly relationship.

I dont like the way Bo threw the administration under the bus, even if it was justified or not. These kids dont need to carry a chip on their shoulder, most will be staying. I know he loves his players and thats why this probably hurt him to the point he felt this rant necessary. Im not condoning it. The relationship between he and Eichorst clearly was toxic. A parting was necessary.

I dont like the way Bo threw the administration under the bus, even if it was justified or not. These kids dont need to carry a chip on their shoulder, most will be staying. I know he loves his players and thats why this probably hurt him to the point he felt this rant necessary. Im not condoning it. The relationship between he and Eichorst clearly was toxic. A parting was necessary.

it was not justified and only a lunatic is incapable of not holding their tongue.

• Fire 1

Eichorst needs to hear, and I mean really hear, what Pelini is saying, because Pelini is right. You can't lead from under a rock. You can't be the boss of an organization and not consistently sit down and meet with your managers, or in this case coaches, and expect things to go well. I think Eichorst needs to better foster and develop a relationship with Riley as well as the other coaches, whether he hired them or not.

I wouldn't get too caught up in Pelini's attempts to turn the players against the administration. Nice little parting gift there. Bo wants his AD to be in locker rooms?

The AD should develop a good relationship with his coaches, though. But that goes both ways. You want to have long night family dinners and discussions on football, NU, and life at your boss's home -- like Riley has already done? -- well, maybe you need to take a look in the mirror as to why that's not happening, Bo.

• Fire 3

Right or wrong, i am concerned if we have a leader who only saw a guy he just fired 7-8 times for 20 minutes all year. I have seen my boss for more than 20 minutes today alone.

How many employees does your boss have? Did your boss hire you?

and can anyone blame eichorst for avoiding bo? bo hated him from the first time he met him. so, maybe, once again, bo should have taken some responsibility on the chilly relationship.

Disagree here. A boss avoiding his employees?

Seems like a cowardly move. I dont care what Bo thinks of me, i call him in to my office and I check in on him.

Can a relationship be fixed by just ignoring him?

I get Bo is a tough guy to deal with, but he strikes me as a"respect guy". You earn his respect by making it clear where you stand. If he doesnt like it, then he can leave, but at least he makes it clear to Bo what is expected of him.

• Fire 2