Looks like Banker is the DC

i really did not have anyone in mind other than orgeron, but that is only because of what i have heard of him. i really do not know how great he would be here or how great his defenses are.

but at least we will not have to worry about him passing on 3rd and 2. so there's that.

Thats a good thing, especially since he's the DC...

that was the joke, my man.

but also, i am really not surprised by this. and i will just give this hire the benefit of the doubt, though.

also, you responded quickly. i edited my post.

I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt as well...

He has to know he's got the weapons to make this defense frightening again, and I hope he's able to do that...

i really did not have anyone in mind other than orgeron, but that is only because of what i have heard of him. i really do not know how great he would be here or how great his defenses are.

but at least we will not have to worry about him passing on 3rd and 2. so there's that.

but also, i am really not surprised by this. and i will just give this hire the benefit of the doubt, though.

He has to know he's got the weapons to make this defense frightening again, and I hope he's able to do that...

i agree. and i do have concerns about him. i hope riley really thinks these are the best guys for the task at hand and not just trying to see what his guys can do at a better school.

i agree. and i do have concerns about him. i hope riley really thinks these are the best guys for the task at hand and not just trying to see what his guys can do at a better school.

I have concerns about him too. I'm not sure how he convinces Gregory to stay.

Is he sticking with the 4-3?

Good luck to him. Gonna take a lot of scrubbing to wash out the sh#t stain these last coaches called a defense. Read and react, spill-lever-spill, two gap horse crap. It can't get any worse than the nonsense we've been watching for the last three years.

Any insight on what Bankers tendencies are would be awesome instead of the usual pissing and moaning because you've all never heard of the guy before. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of defense we can expect. I hope it's an attacking, shoot the gaps, play downhill, chase the ball til the whistle blows type of defense. Ya know, basically the opposite of what we've been watching. Time to let these kids play ball and get after it, like a defense is supposed to do. Instead of reading-reacting, hesitating and guessing.

My fear is that Riley's selection of Banker is motivated by a sense of "loyalty" and not wanting to be the dick who leaves his buddies behind. Getting a promotion and hiring new assistants instead of the ones you were with before is basically saying, "Yeah, you're not good enough." That would be hard to do. I hope Riley didn't subordinate the program's best interests just because he didn't want to have to hurt anyone's feelings.

My fear is that Riley's selection of Banker is motivated by a sense of "loyalty" and not wanting to be the dick who leaves his buddies behind. Getting a promotion and hiring new assistants instead of the ones you were with before is basically saying, "Yeah, you're not good enough." That would be hard to do. I hope Riley didn't subordinate the program's best interests just because he didn't want to have to hurt anyone's feelings.

We shall see if he has the stones to can his buddy if the **** hits the fan. My gut feeling says no because he has followed Riley everywhere. Who knows maybe he will become our very own Bud Foster. He was loyal to Frank Beamer for a very long time.