How does an A.D. "support" a football program?

One thing I keep reading on this board is that there was tension between him and Osborne, that Osborne was too hands on micro-managy, I don't recall hearing this while "The Wizard of Os" was still around as AD. Were their incidents I missed or is it just "heard from a friend of friend" type deals?

If that's the case than I don't think their is any AD that Pelini would like.

This was mentioned on the radio yesterday. During halftime of a game against Mizzou (not sure which one it was), Osborne was in the locker room and suggested that Watson run a certain pass play. Supposedly, Watson didn't know how to handle that, and Bo was pretty pissed about it. I think this oversteps Osborne's "job responsibilities", and is a bit of micro-managing.

One thing I keep reading on this board is that there was tension between him and Osborne, that Osborne was too hands on micro-managy, I don't recall hearing this while "The Wizard of Os" was still around as AD. Were their incidents I missed or is it just "heard from a friend of friend" type deals?

If that's the case than I don't think their is any AD that Pelini would like.

This was mentioned on the radio yesterday. During halftime of a game against Mizzou (not sure which one it was), Osborne was in the locker room and suggested that Watson run a certain pass play. Supposedly, Watson didn't know how to handle that, and Bo was pretty pissed about it. I think this oversteps Osborne's "job responsibilities", and is a bit of micro-managing.

Had this been just any AD I would be with you, but this was an AD with three NC rings. TO has never stepped completely away from college football and maybe, just maybe his idea might have worked. That said, megalomaniacs think they got it all wired which is why they were one game over 500 when the opponent had over a 600% winning record.

I think blaming Eichorst was more of a cop-out for Bo. Bo is not the type of guy who likes to be micro-managed so Eichorst's style and "support" should have actually been a pretty good fit for him. If Eichorst was around the team all the time and was constantly looking over Bo's shoulder I can guarantee you Bo would have disliked that far more. I'm not sure what Eichorst could have done differently to help Bo succeed. Last I checked he wasn't the one losing in blowout fashion and going 3 and out time and time again.

draw me a line between having literally no relationship with the head coach to having a relationship to micro managed. You guys are going from one extreme to another.IMO imo

I think that line likes to move a lot.. never stationary.

When an AD fires a 9 win coach after having little communication with him for two years, you know that AD was hired to fire him and was just biding his time waiting for an opportunity. The rest is all filler.

if SE was biding his time he missed the perfect time after the Iowa game last year. Bo was asking to be fired. if SE was brought in to fire Bo that was the perfect opportunity. Why didn't Bo get fired last year if that was SE's mission?

SE's gonna come in his first year and fire a 9 win coach for what? You do realize that many people around the country are shaking their head and laughing at Nebraska? I expect Riley to get anything he wants from this administration after this fiasco.... Bo actually helped Riley a lot with his last childish shots at SE.

And no, Bo was not asking to be fired...he was saying if I'm gonna get the cold shoulder and have to work with this obvious Perlman setup, then you might as well fire me now......but they needed to wait for an acceptable excuse, like a bad loss in the game against booster Barry Alvarez.

That's the great thing about Pelini: they wouldn't need to wait long for another bad loss, would they.

Nobody is laughing at Nebraska for firing Pelini, no matter how many time you write it. Most people wonder why it took so long.

Maybe Tressel at YSU will hold Pelini's hand like he wants, but Bo will complain about that too as soon as he loses a couple games and needs another excuse to avoid taking any responsibility.

Living in East TN, I hear a lot of Vol fans asking why/how NU could fire a 9-3 coach and one with over a 70% win rate... That changed when they heard Bo's rant that one of the players must have recorded and gave to the press.

And to the S.E. lovers out there. He did a great job at The U didnt he.

What did Shawn Eichorst do at Miami? Serious question.

He hired a pretty outstanding football coach for them.
Nope! That was his predecessor. Nice try though.

He hired a damn good men's bball coach for them

maybe hell be able to do the same here?.....

Too soon?

Living in East TN, I hear a lot of Vol fans asking why/how NU could fire a 9-3 coach and one with over a 70% win rate... That changed when they heard Bo's rant that one of the players must have recorded and gave to the press.

After listening to the leaked audio. My brother thought it was funny. Also that it was the teams way to get under the skin of Eichorst. My parents however thought the team doesn't respect Bo. As there would be no other reason to release the audio. Especially since they knew how it would reflect on him. Which to me kinda makes sense. Did anyone else think the same thing?

It's possible that a couple of players did this because they didn't respect Bo. But it's also possible that they thought this would avenge Bo in the public eye for them. There's some deprogramming that has to happen on this team.

oh most definitely. Especially with the attitude of everyone, fans included are against us. Of course all of the twitter bashing after the Wisconsin game didn't help prove that wrong.

I understand what Bo is saying. The guy is so corporate. Not very sincere. Typical politically correct head figure. The age of guys like Bo is over. Its similar to the days of the cowboy coming to an end. Instead of real 'men' we have 'pussies' who lead their life by the guidance of 'the energy bus' which is the book eichorst handed out for Christmas to staff. If it is true eichorst and Bo only talked 8 times for a total of 160 minutes in two years... well then yes eichorst isn't doing his job IMO. There's a lot more to being a leader than making decisions. I'm jot saying one way is more right than another but I prefer people like Bo over eichorst. Just my two cents.

Bo isn't a cowboy. Actually, Bo is the big pu&&y.

There are coaches who can swear, holler, motivate and coach circles around Bo Pelini without being thin-skinned finger-pointers.

If a "real man" were to say goodbye to his team after being fired, the speech would look a lot different than Bo Pelinis.

I guess I didn't disagree with anything he said. The yekking is wrong movement is being pushed by the same crowd that promotes the first place for every kid bullsh#t. Just my opinion. And on the block I grew up on, yes, pelini would be the man and eichorst the pu&&y in this scenario. Just my own experience. Not saying it was the same on yours.

In my neighborhood there was a big difference between talking tough and being tough, although it sometimes takes awhile to figure that out.

It's not really a Man vs. pu&&y scenario, anyway. It's more Adult vs. Child.

• Fire 1