What the **** Beck??? Why???

How many games into next year will all the assistant coaches be idiots?

That's just the nature of things with football fans no matter where you go, the 2nd string QB is always the most popular guy in the stadium and the O-Coordinator will always be a bum.

As far as the offense "Crapping the bed when in it counts" I guess they did, but they could have been like the defense and been crapping in it all night long for 45 points. That is a LOT of crap.

And with that I'm done, one way or the other Beck is gone. We can agree on that at least.

Exactly, while the O did some really good things, there was things that didn't work. Looking forward to the days when we pick up 3 yards by punching it up the middle when we need to instead of going backwards first and needing to get 7 or 8 yards.

It was a hard fought game and it could have been much better, but also could have lost by a whole lot more. The game announcers kept reminding us how talented USC is the entire game and how proud the mis-fit Nebraska team should be with themselves for keeping it close. Hahaha.

USC could have hung 100 on us if they eliminated their dumb penalties. Hard to agree that this game was truly close despite the score.

Dude, Relax! Every one of your posts are negative, it is time to move on as the year is done.

For real. Last night it was "you fans all suck! Go root for USC! Too much complaining...blah blah blah..." Now it's "the team sucked but I'm still a good fan..."

• Fire 1

USC could have hung 100 on us if they eliminated their dumb penalties. Hard to agree that this game was truly close despite the score.

Dude, Relax! Every one of your posts are negative, it is time to move on as the year is done.

For real. Last night it was "you fans all suck! Go root for USC! Too much complaining...blah blah blah..." Now it's "the team sucked but I'm still a good fan..."

There are trolls among us, whether you believe it or not.

Ameer is gaining at least 5-6 every time he touches the ball.

NO HE WASNT. HE HAD A FIRST ROUND NFL DEFENDER SPYING HIM THE WHOLE GAME AND HOLDING HIM UNDER 3 YARDS A CARRY. WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

game on the line 3rd & 3...& it ends on a pass thrown into really tight coverage & a trick play!

DPE RUNS THAT EXACT SAME PLAY AS PART OF THE PLAY ACTION FAKE A DOZEN TIMES EVERY GAME. HANDING IT OFF TO HIM WAS UNEXPECTED, BUT HARDLY A TRICK. USC STAYED HOME. AMEER DID NOT HAVE A CLEAR PATH TO DAYLIGHT, HE STARTED THE PLAY EVEN FARTHER BEHIND THE LINE THAN AMEER. BUT I THINK TOMMY HAD THE FIRST DOWN IF HE KEPT IT.

Why not just stick to what was working???

WHAT WAS WORKING???? AMEER'S 2.7 YARDS PER CARRY? ON A DOWN WHERE USC IS KEYING ON HIM? WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

He is incapable of sticking to what works just for the sake of being "multiple".

WELL EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT "MULTIPLE" IS WHAT"S WORKING, JUST AS IT WORKS FOR PRETTY MUCH EVERY RANKED TEAM NEBRASKA ASPIRES TO BE. A WEAK OFFENSIVE LINE, POOR QB DECISIONS AND INCONSISTENT EXECUTION AREN"T THE SAME AS BAD PLAY-CALLING. IT SHOULDN"T BE SURPRISING THAT YOU CAN"T STICK WITH "WHAT WORKS" AGAINST BETTER TEAMS THAT MAKE CONSTANT DEFENSIVE ADJUSTMENTS.

The offense put up 42 because they played hard, didn't quit & made some great plays. This wasn't some genius game that Beck called by any means.

SO WHEN THEY MAKE A GREAT PLAY, IT"S THE PLAYERS. WHEN THEY MAKE A BAD PLAY, IT'S TIM BECK? AND IT"S NEVER, EVER THE DEFENSE PUTTING THEM IN A HOLE?

TIM BECK IS GONE. IF WE'RE LUCKY, THE NEXT OC WILL IGNORE THE ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACKS OF HUSKERBOARD AND RUN THE MULTIPLE DOWN OUR OPPONENTS THROAT.

EXCEPT WE'LL BE WINNING AND YOU"LL FORGET TO CALL IT "MULTIPLE."

• Fire 4

i agree. the players played hard. losing is part of the game but how you lose is important. i think the players can hold their head high.....BUT....beck once again show he is an idiot. trick plays inside the 5. throwing when u need 3 yards and have 2 plays and have one of the best rbs in the country. beck lost the opportunity for the players to tie the game late or even to win...

I thnk Beck was overcome by the fact that the offensive line was not getting the job done especially up the middle. I don't want to defend Beck but our O-Line play was not good or inspiring. Do you remember the iso shot of our right tackle and the announcer's comment- You have to do more than put a hand on them?

Ameer is gaining at least 5-6 every time he touches the ball.

NO HE WASNT. HE HAD A FIRST ROUND NFL DEFENDER SPYING HIM THE WHOLE GAME AND HOLDING HIM UNDER 3 YARDS A CARRY. WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

game on the line 3rd & 3...& it ends on a pass thrown into really tight coverage & a trick play!

DPE RUNS THAT EXACT SAME PLAY AS PART OF THE PLAY ACTION FAKE A DOZEN TIMES EVERY GAME. HANDING IT OFF TO HIM WAS UNEXPECTED, BUT HARDLY A TRICK. USC STAYED HOME. AMEER DID NOT HAVE A CLEAR PATH TO DAYLIGHT, HE STARTED THE PLAY EVEN FARTHER BEHIND THE LINE THAN AMEER. BUT I THINK TOMMY HAD THE FIRST DOWN IF HE KEPT IT.

Why not just stick to what was working???

WHAT WAS WORKING???? AMEER'S 2.7 YARDS PER CARRY? ON A DOWN WHERE USC IS KEYING ON HIM? WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

He is incapable of sticking to what works just for the sake of being "multiple".

WELL EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT "MULTIPLE" IS WHAT"S WORKING, JUST AS IT WORKS FOR PRETTY MUCH EVERY RANKED TEAM NEBRASKA ASPIRES TO BE. A WEAK OFFENSIVE LINE, POOR QB DECISIONS AND INCONSISTENT EXECUTION AREN"T THE SAME AS BAD PLAY-CALLING. IT SHOULDN"T BE SURPRISING THAT YOU CAN"T STICK WITH "WHAT WORKS" AGAINST BETTER TEAMS THAT MAKE CONSTANT DEFENSIVE ADJUSTMENTS.

The offense put up 42 because they played hard, didn't quit & made some great plays. This wasn't some genius game that Beck called by any means.

SO WHEN THEY MAKE A GREAT PLAY, IT"S THE PLAYERS. WHEN THEY MAKE A BAD PLAY, IT'S TIM BECK? AND IT"S NEVER, EVER THE DEFENSE PUTTING THEM IN A HOLE?

TIM BECK IS GONE. IF WE'RE LUCKY, THE NEXT OC WILL IGNORE THE ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACKS OF HUSKERBOARD AND RUN THE MULTIPLE DOWN OUR OPPONENTS THROAT.

EXCEPT WE'LL BE WINNING AND YOU"LL FORGET TO CALL IT "MULTIPLE."

You're wrong.

Please don't yell at the children anymore.

I always forget so someone please remind me.

If a team can't execute the play, whose job is it to teach them?

If a player can't be taught, who helps them?

If a player can't be helped, and makes the same mistakes over and over, who holds them accountable?

If a player is held accountable and taken off the field, but there is no depth behind them capable of executing, who is responsible?

Seven years now we've been having these system vs. players arguments. Coaching vs. execution. Well then f#*k it, blame the players. Sure they're definitely part of the problem. But after seven years of the same mistakes made by the same guys, in the same positions year after year after year with no accountability, who do you turn to then?

Next man up philosophy my ass. We never have a next man. We barely ever have a first guy that can ever execute these systems.

I'm glad this is over.

• Fire 1

I was shaking my head on the second to last drive when they slowed the pace down, and then guess what, they couldn't do anything. They had them on their heels and decided to give them a break. Yes I understand clock management but I think scoring is more important at that point.

totally agree, that defense was gassed on the previous drive and then they had a three and out we came out got a couple first downs it was obvious we could just run uptempo zone read all the way to the end zone. He worst part of the whole thing was us calling timeout on that 3rd and 3. They were up against the ropes and we gave them a break