What the **** Beck??? Why???

Guy Chamberlin - if you failed to notice that Ameer got hot late in the game...then you weren't watching the same game I was.

Jesus H. Christ.

42 points. 525 yards. A record 32 completions and 64% completion for Tommy Armstrong. And still 33 touches for Ameer Abdullah, finding other ways to get him in the game. A trick play that scored a touchdown (refs blew the call). A trick play that didn't. A strong fourth quarter, utilizing both running and passing. No fumbles. A hurry-up offense without all the sideline gazing, generally executed with urgency and discipline despite a chaotic three weeks of post-Bo distraction. Pretty much all I could ask for.

Except we lost. In a close game. Where the defense gave up 45 points. The play that didn't get called will always win the game because Ameer Abdullah will always run wild and free in our imagination. That doesn't mean you can ignore all the plays that brought us back from a 17 point deficit.

We are a 9 - 4 team, with all the good and bad that implies.

Or maybe I'm the only guy who thought that was an exciting and encouraging game last night.

• Fire 2

Guy Chamberlin - if you failed to notice that Ameer got hot late in the game...then you weren't watching the same game I was.

Jesus H. Christ.

42 points. 525 yards. A record 32 completions and 64% completion for Tommy Armstrong. And still 33 touches for Ameer Abdullah, finding other ways to get him in the game. A trick play that scored a touchdown (refs blew the call). A trick play that didn't. A strong fourth quarter, utilizing both running and passing. No fumbles. A hurry-up offense without all the sideline gazing, generally executed with urgency and discipline despite a chaotic three weeks of post-Bo distraction. Pretty much all I could ask for.

Except we lost. In a close game. Where the defense gave up 45 points. The play that didn't get called will always win the game because Ameer Abdullah will always run wild and free in our imagination. That doesn't mean you can ignore all the plays that brought us back from a 17 point deficit.

We are a 9 - 4 team, with all the good and bad that implies.

Or maybe I'm the only guy who thought that was an exciting and encouraging game last night.

I thought it was a good game, being down points like we were but Tommy and the team (include coaches) hung in there. It was the whole team effort, not just AA. USC got a jump on us in the 2nd quarter going into halftime but the second half we kept at it.