Well done Barney!!!!

I was happier with Barney as coach this one game than I have been with Bo as HC for the last 7 years.

He did a heckuva job and should be proud! Thanks players! Wasn't the best season, but you gave it your all 24/7/365!

I agree. This is probably the best we've seen out of Barney since '03 or his playing days, and I wish we could find a way for him to stay on at DoNU and put his love for his alma matter to good/better use.

Barney, you did good, Sir. Maybe there *should* be a Cotton for HC movement...

Lets not get carried away!

I was kidding. Hard to convey on mobile.

I also think Barney did fine tonight. A Bo team would have given up 70. By the way, that clown who scored on the kickoff return and then did the flip into the end zone...used to do that in high school as well. Did it against my nephew's school (which happens to be Terrell Newby's school), lost the game, but still talked trash afterwards. USC was the perfect destination for him...

• Fire 1

He is Nebraska, gave it all and did a damned good job. He may have been in the wrong position the whole time. I wish him luck and all the other coaches. It looked like Pap did an okay job to.

Thanks Barney!

"He may have been in the wrong position the whole time."

Exactly what was going through my mind last night! He had our guys ready to play and fight. I wish him nothing but the best!

Other than sideline demeanor, what did Barney do that Bo didn't……… I think Barney deserves a ton of credit for getting these guys ready to play under extremely difficult circumstances.

But, the defense still stunk it up , with missed tackles, blown assignments, poor angles……and the decision making and play calling is a hot topic on the board today.

Yes, the team FOUGHT…… but they also fought back against Michigan State on the road, vs a much better team than USC and had a chance to win in the final drive, fought back against Minnesota and had a chance to win on the final drive….but LOST all 3……. Why is Barney getting a ton of props, and Bo would be blasted?

Go back to 2012 and look at all of the times NU fought back and didn't quit only to WIN games….at Northwestern, MSU, etc…. along with the comebacks against Ohio State and Wiscy along the way.

These guys have had a TON of games were they have been down by double digits and have not folded under this regimen….NOTHING NEW HERE…. yes, this team has also turned to mush numerous times, which is why Bo is gone...

A week ago, most on the board would have said Barney should have been the first assistant to be gone and has probably caught more crap on social media than any other Husker coach in history (except BC and SW)…… so let's not get carried away with the emotional "love" for Barney….. kind of hypocritical.

He deserves credit for getting kids ready to play and for a good sideline demeanor, but not for the "not quit" attitude…..and yes, he loves Nebraska, so it's difficult to see someone who WANTS to be hear not work out, but it didn't.

• Fire 2

Barney - B

Beck - B

Papuchis - D

Barney kept the team together I'd say. Beck called a half decent game. Papuchis couldn't disguise a blitz if his job depended on it, literally. Papuchis should be working at McDonald's. Not that there is anything wrong with working at McDonald's. Only reason I didn't give him an F is the defense played a smidge better in the 4th.

Barney - B

Beck - B

Papuchis - D

Barney kept the team together I'd say. Beck called a half decent game. Papuchis couldn't disguise a blitz if his job depended on it, literally. Papuchis should be working at McDonald's. Not that there is anything wrong with working at McDonald's. Only reason I didn't give him an F is the defense played a smidge better in the 4th.

Papuchis - F-

Barney - B

Beck - B

Papuchis - D

Papuchis - F-

Haha, yeah, I don't know why I'm being nice. F. Papuchis is terrible.

We played the most talented team we have played last night, down a little on depth, but talent on the Ohio State level. Kids make mistakes, other kids make plays, and it all really boils down to the players on the field. We gave a great showing, due to the coaches keeping their heads, the kids focused. This loss did a heck of lot more for us than the past coaches win over McNeese State.

Never been on the bash Barney bus, really not bashing any of the coaches except for the idiot in charge. He caused the failures of said coaches, hired under experienced personnel, turned the locker room into a war zone. A lot of respect was gained last night, unfortunately Boner was given credit for it all night long.

It is about more than wins and losses.

Barney could have easily phoned it in, said hey you don't want me, fine. But he didn't, the players didn't. Most SC fans expected a walk over. ESPN expected a walk over. Their comments last night about Nebraska may help the recruiters on the trail. There were a lot of positives from this loss. I hate the loss, but have learned over the years it is more than winning and losing. Our last coach learned that