Well done Barney!!!!

Who trained these fantastic coaches? Especially the defensive side.

The underling gets the blame and the great Boner rides off to never be heard from again. If they would have had a descent head coach, who knows he might have been here to further their education, yea right.

Never said anything was great, said I was glad for the effort, the loser trained bunch gave us. Most likely pretty good guys, dealing with a snake for 7 years and still wanting to help Nebraska win the game says they may have been in the wrong position to me.

I had a CO on recruiting duty, much like Bo, the RS seldom made quota in his four years, new CO came in with virtually the same group in the field and made quota in his 3rd month, and never failed again. Leadership, seems these guys worked far better without the leadership they had.

This was the best team Nebraska played this year. We played a tough hard fought game. I am proud of them and the coaches. You guys are free to follow the Boner to Youngstown State and idolize the moron you know.

My angst with this program has been Bo, not the mistakes he made in hiring. They can only do what they are taught in this case.

Give the guys that tried to do the best they could a pass.

Take positives when given.

We have proven poor performance from Bo at Nebraska, many years of it.

Coach Riley, maybe a failure, but he has not failed here yet, he does, he will be replaced. Although I think it highly unlikely.

Love the program, the University, the kids and the coach if he deserves it. Bo never did.

Who trained these fantastic coaches? Especially the defensive side.

The underling gets the blame and the great Boner rides off to never be heard from again. If they would have had a descent head coach, who knows he might have been here to further their education, yea right.

Never said anything was great, said I was glad for the effort, the loser trained bunch gave us. Most likely pretty good guys, dealing with a snake for 7 years and still wanting to help Nebraska win the game says they may have been in the wrong position to me.

I had a CO on recruiting duty, much like Bo, the RS seldom made quota in his four years, new CO came in with virtually the same group in the field and made quota in his 3rd month, and never failed again. Leadership, seems these guys worked far better without the leadership they had.

This was the best team Nebraska played this year. We played a tough hard fought game. I am proud of them and the coaches. You guys are free to follow the Boner to Youngstown State and idolize the moron you know.

My angst with this program has been Bo, not the mistakes he made in hiring. They can only do what they are taught in this case.

Give the guys that tried to do the best they could a pass.

Take positives when given.

We have proven poor performance from Bo at Nebraska, many years of it.

Coach Riley, maybe a failure, but he has not failed here yet, he does, he will be replaced. Although I think it highly unlikely.

Love the program, the University, the kids and the coach if he deserves it. Bo never did.

I agree...... So happy he is gone. On to a new era where hope rise up once again. I really think we might get to the next level with Riley. Compete and win a CCG or two in the next few years. Possibly get into the play offs as well.

Other than sideline demeanor, what did Barney do that Bo didn't……… I think Barney deserves a ton of credit for getting these guys ready to play under extremely difficult circumstances.

But, the defense still stunk it up , with missed tackles, blown assignments, poor angles……and the decision making and play calling is a hot topic on the board today.

Yes, the team FOUGHT…… but they also fought back against Michigan State on the road, vs a much better team than USC and had a chance to win in the final drive, fought back against Minnesota and had a chance to win on the final drive….but LOST all 3……. Why is Barney getting a ton of props, and Bo would be blasted?

Go back to 2012 and look at all of the times NU fought back and didn't quit only to WIN games….at Northwestern, MSU, etc…. along with the comebacks against Ohio State and Wiscy along the way.

These guys have had a TON of games were they have been down by double digits and have not folded under this regimen….NOTHING NEW HERE…. yes, this team has also turned to mush numerous times, which is why Bo is gone...

A week ago, most on the board would have said Barney should have been the first assistant to be gone and has probably caught more crap on social media than any other Husker coach in history (except BC and SW)…… so let's not get carried away with the emotional "love" for Barney….. kind of hypocritical.

He deserves credit for getting kids ready to play and for a good sideline demeanor, but not for the "not quit" attitude…..and yes, he loves Nebraska, so it's difficult to see someone who WANTS to be hear not work out, but it didn't.

He can't change the whole system in 3 weeks, with the side line battles between coaching staff members during game he had his work cut out for the pass 3 weeks. Best of luck to him

I am not trying to take away from the CREDIT he deserves for keeping the team together…… I give him tons of props

Just not going overboard, like some are responding.

Well just as long as you are giving it out in the exact right amount, that's what's important here. But some of these other people.......Actually appreciative for the job Barney has....sheesh, whatsa matter these people? Just because the team didn't quit on Barney and get blown out like so many times with Pelini. Just because he was calming people on the sidelines instead of being the one out of control. I guess there is no need to point out all the ways he performed the HC job better than Bo.

• Fire 2

I gave credit where credit is/was due in my opinion. As I stated in the post just prior to the one you quoted (maybe you didn't read it), the ONLY way he out performed Bo was in the sideline demeanor and media…. it had nothing to with the performance…..again, as stated prior, yes, this team has been known to fold, but please do a little homework and see how many times under Bo, that we have been down in the 2nd half (and at times by double digits) and either came back and won (Northwestern x 2, MSU x 2….won-lost, Wiscy, Ohio State, and more) and you may realize what my point is…. last night was NO different than any other given game under Bo… a game in which we started fast, faded horribly in middle, and fought back in the fourth, only to come up just short…...

No, they didn't quit…..but if you are going to blame Bo for the "flops", please acknowledge the games that were similar to last night, and even the one's we won (that I have mentioned), or is giving Bo any type of credit forbidden anymore? I am looking forward to see what Riley will do, but other than Barney keeping the group together, I refuse to be hypocritical and praise him like a "genius"...

I wish him well and he is a Husker for life…. and I say "thank you"….

*** it would be nice if people actually read entire posts, rather than picking stuff out of context to start riffs

I read your other post before posting what I did. You are correct, Bo was the HC for many a comeback. Comebacks, most of which were required due to the team coming out flat or unprepared. Last night was one of the very few games in the last 7 years where this team was not night and day for 2 different halves. I won't claim Barney is a genius but there was something a little different/better about the way the team seemed to be mentally last night. Maybe some of that was players wanting to "do it" for Bo one last time but I find it ironic that it took him being gone to get them to play closer to a complete game than they ever did when he was here.

I know we aren't ever going to agree on how good/bad Bo was for this team so I'll let it go at that. I just look forward to a new chapter that doesn't include Bo.

I read your other post before posting what I did. You are correct, Bo was the HC for many a comeback. Comebacks, most of which were required due to the team coming out flat or unprepared. Last night was one of the very few games in the last 7 years where this team was not night and day for 2 different halves. I won't claim Barney is a genius but there was something a little different/better about the way the team seemed to be mentally last night. Maybe some of that was players wanting to "do it" for Bo one last time but I find it ironic that it took him being gone to get them to play closer to a complete game than they ever did when he was here.

I know we aren't ever going to agree on how good/bad Bo was for this team so I'll let it go at that. I just look forward to a new chapter that doesn't include Bo.

I don't disagree with your post. It did seem a "little" different and more relaxed. Guys were smiling on the sideline, even when we were down by 17. They were having fun. Possibly because the seniors decided that it was a bowl game, and had 0 pressure on coaching staff. That was a different feeling. I wonder what it would have been like if they thought they were playing for a coach's job ( Cotton) …..serious question, not being smart a$$…… There is a lot to be said about staying relaxed, yet focused.

Only gripe I have is that everytime he was shown on tv, he had a confused look on his face lol. But seriously, I think he did a great job of holding the team together during a didficult time, and he had them ready to play.

It was also nice not seeing the HC yelling in the players face when something went wrong. All the coaches (except Kaz) showed real class during the game I thought

• Fire 1