2015 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup Discussion Thread

knapplc

Any discussion on replacing the banned members voted into the starting lineup with the second place vote getters in their respective categories?

Out of respect, we'll leave them on the team.

Hell no. GIVE it to the next highest vote receiver. Christ all those people screwed themselves

Shouldn't it technically be the head coach's decision.

• 2 weeks later...

NOTE - this will not turn into a discussion of banned members.

Any such discussion will be moved out of this thread. Thanks.

Thus ends the most tumultuous year in the history of the Starting Lineup. Six years we've done this, but never before have we had so many people become ineligible, whether that was through retirement or banning.

There were several new things this year: I changed the lineup, I introduced the Hall of Fame, we had a thread dedicated to campaigning, and amidst all that, six or seven members got banned. Here are some stats from this year's Starting Lineup:

In 2015 we had 173 total nominations, down 67 from 2014.

There were 73 unique people nominated, down only six from the 79 who were nominated in 2014.

For the first time ever, everyone who was nominated was seconded and placed on the ballot, in some part because I kept reminding people who needed to be seconded, and in part because Mavric and I seconded everyone who was left at the end of the nomination round.

Thirty-three people were on the ballot but did not make the team. Leading that list was Dr. Mantis Toboggan with eight nominations, but no spot on the team. That ties last year's mark for futility when teachercd was nominated eight times yet was not elected. C N Red remains atop the leaderboard for most times nominated but not elected with nine nominations in 2012.

Times - Year - Member
9 - 2012 - C N Red
8 - 2014 - teachercd
8 - 2015 - Dr. Mantis Toboggan
7 - 2013 - Lyons in a sea of red.
7 - 2013 - Atbone95
6 - 2010 - Kansas Husker
6 - 2014 - BigRedBuster
5 - 2013 - HuskerShark
5 - 2013 - Hedley Lamarr
5 - 2014 - beanman

This year saw another drop in total votes at 942, down 280 votes from the 1,222 votes we saw in 2014, and down 386 from the highest-ever vote total, 1,328 set in 2013. Between the bowl game loss, the malware attack and the rash of bannings, it's been a slow year.

That brings us to our final news. Every year I choose some people from the list of unelected and offer them spots on the Scout Team. This year's group of Scout Team members is:

killer cacti, Monique8, & True2tRA. All three were nominated three or more times, all have shown themselves to be valuable additions to the board. True actually won a position but declined (which made another member very happy), so I'll be offering spiffy blue avatars to each of them.

Now, discussion time. Tell me what you liked/didn't like about these changes:

More positions open for nominations/votes at a given time. That meant there were only five rounds each of voting and nominations, instead of the eleven rounds, most running concurrently, that we had before. I thought it would make the process less chaotic. Did it?

Nominations not running concurrently with voting. Again, this was an attempt at streamlining.

The Campaigning Thread. It was supposed to give people a place to have fun and entertain us. It quickly got labeled as begging, and nobody used it. Is it worth trying again?

Were there any other changes that you liked, didn't like, or would like to see in the future?

• Fire 6

Good stuff Knapp. I liked having more spots open at a time, as it seemed to speed up the process. Keeping it to two nominations per cycle helped with the fresh blood too. Also, I don't know about others feelings on the campaigning, but I liked it.

This.

If it weren't for the board being down and all the other drama, it probably would've been the best year so far.

Good stuff Knapp. I liked having more spots open at a time, as it seemed to speed up the process. Keeping it to two nominations per cycle helped with the fresh blood too. Also, I don't know about others feelings on the campaigning, but I liked it.

This.

If it weren't for the board being down and all the other drama, it probably would've been the best year so far.

Agreed.

The Campaigning Thread. It was supposed to give people a place to have fun and entertain us. It quickly got labeled as begging, and nobody used it. Is it worth trying again?

The Campaigning Thread is a GREAT idea! Eventually people will figure out how to use clever solicitations instead of begging. Maybe.